Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2012 Fire & Ice convention (in Manitowoc, WI) is fast approaching (http://www.fireandiceconvention.com/), and our tradition is to have a no-ship math trade. The past two years' trades were hugely successful, with an average of about 30% of the over 700 items entered each year trading.

So here we go...

Request GeekList: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/122699

Trade GeekList: Fire & Ice Con 2012 - A no-ship math trade

Online Want List Generator use is required for creating your want lists. (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support)

If you have never used this tool before, please read this: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

There is also a cool video guide by our very own boathouselooper here...

If you're still unsure, feel free to ask questions in the discussion thread.

Key dates (all times CENTRAL TIME)

Open for posting games: Tuesday, February 7th, 7:30pm to Wednesday, February 15th, 10pm.

Want list submission period: Wednesday, February 15th, 10pm to Sunday, February 19th at 10pm.

Want lists and results will be publicly posted shortly thereafter.

Please note that errors made by you will not invalidate the results. You will be expected to honour your trades even if you made a mistake, so carefully review your lists before submitting them. You can make changes BEFORE the end of the submission period but not after it.

This event is open to anyone who wants to participate, but please note that this is a no-ship event. We will be meeting up on Saturday, February 25th at noon to exchange games traded and you'll either need to be in attendance or have someone proxy (drop off and pick up) for you at the meet-up.

Please do not delete items or sweeteners once you have listed them. You can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've traded it away before the deadline.

OK - some simple rules - please take a few minutes to read them:

d10-1 This is a no-shipping event. All exchanges are to be made at the Fire & Ice Con at noon. Please try to not be late, and do NOT sign up to play any games at that time, as many of us will be judging or playing games shortly thereafter. If you cannot attend in person, you can still participate but you must find someone who is willing to act as you proxy at the convention, taking your games there for you and picking up your "winnings".

d10-2 Gift certificates, Geekgold (GG), DVDs etc are all permitted.

d10-3 Gift certificate and GG arbitrage are NOT allowed. (i.e. You cannot put someone else's gift certificate entry on the want lists for a gift certificate you are offering in an attempt to "trade up", the same is true for GG). Yon CAN swap GG for GCs and vice versa.

d10-4 Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953), Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (game id 22104) or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985).

If you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for instance expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, please use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion.

d10-5 You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners if they are physical items (i.e. not GG).

For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings. It might not matter to you, but it matters to some people.

d10-6 Finally - you are expected to periodically check during the item submission period, and preferably during the want list submission period, to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of items - most commonly because you have forgotten to state a version or language - and you should check in to address such questions in a timely manner should they arise, so that everyone then has the correct information available.

This is a very easy thing to do. Just click on "Subscribe" under each of your entries. If someone adds a comment, you will receive a notification and a link directly to that comment.

Other useful information

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

I have chosen the USERS-TRADING metric because it potentially increases the number of people taking part who make at least one trade, while not affecting the overall number of trades. This means that for this particular event, the order of the items on your want lists makes NO difference.

Geekgold restrictions:

Users may not post more geekgold than they currently have. Geekgold arbitrage is not allowed.

Want list submission

You can start creating your want lists any time after the start of the event.

Please note that it's best to work on your want lists and submit them early - you can always make changes and resubmit later. This will prevent you from being left out if you forget the deadline.

Submissions may be made at any time after 10pm on the 15th. If you will be unavailable during the want list submission period but still wish to participate, contact me directly and we can discuss the possibility of you submitting early.

Remember that you may have saved your want lists, but they have NOT been submitted until you press the green button in step 4 and received a confirming Geekmail.

You are not obliged to trade anything you put up for offer. If you offer a game, but see nothing that you are willing to accept for it in trade, you can submit a blank want list for it, or not submit one at all. If, however, you do submit a want list for a game, then it is expected that you will honour any trade that the TradeMaximizer comes up with. You will not receive anything you did not list as acceptable for the game(s) you have offered, so it is important to check your want lists - before you submit and at least once more before the deadline - to correct any errors.

Please note: Sometimes real life intrudes on us unexpectedly. If I'm a little late posting something, please bear with me.

So enter lots of items and have fun!

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Wednesday, February 15th, 10:00 PM CST
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, February 19th, 2012 10:00 PM CST
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fire & Ice Con 2012 - A no-ship math trade
That's it - we missed out on 9 items.

# MISSING 9 WANTS (1.6%) FROM 1 USER(s) (3.8%):
# Guardtroll (9)

101 items traded out of 526 which had want lists submitted (19.2%).

More importantly, everyone got trades...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
houjix wrote:
Quote:
We will be meeting up on Saturday, February 26th at noon to exchange games traded

Is the meet up on Saturday the 25th or Sunday the 26th?

Also, anyone from the Madison area going?

Sorry - cut and paste error from last year. It's Saturday the 25th. I'm pretty sure someone's going from the Madison area...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schmit
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, the drop off/exchange point will be table 'R5' which is in the back corner of the room. I expect the # of games traded to be similar to last year and it would be nice to be less disruptive to the people there just to play games.

I am volunteering to babysit your games from 11am-1pm and I'm pretty sure boathouselooper volunteered too. So if you'd like to drop off early and/or pick up later because you foolishly planned a game right at noon you can do that without too much worry. Some RPGers need this area by 2pm, so please have your games picked up by 1pm or else we'll see how well I can hide them. I know the hockey rink building is usually open so I have a lot of options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ratpfink wrote:
FYI, the drop off/exchange point will be table 'R5' which is in the back corner of the room. I expect the # of games traded to be similar to last year and it would be nice to be less disruptive to the people there just to play games.

I am volunteering to babysit your games from 11am-1pm and I'm pretty sure boathouselooper volunteered too. So if you'd like to drop off early and/or pick up later because you foolishly planned a game right at noon you can do that without too much worry. Some RPGers need this area by 2pm, so please have your games picked up by 1pm or else we'll see how well I can hide them. I know the hockey rink building is usually open so I have a lot of options.

Excellent. Thank you Karl!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ygor
Romania
Transylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mb
houjix wrote:
Quote:
We will be meeting up on Saturday, February 26th at noon to exchange games traded

Is the meet up on Saturday the 25th or Sunday the 26th?

Also, anyone from the Madison area going?

Can anyone from Madison act as a courier/proxy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be proxy for Gary H (bop517).

And if anyone saw item 118, which was up for about an hour, I pulled it because to possess them requires a permit. Karl was right to note that it might not be a good idea to keep them up on the internet, and I didn't want to risk it for me or the MT.

Geekmail me if you wanna know what the heck they were... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pokrzywa
United States
Circle Pines
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
I'll be proxy for Gary H (bop517).

And if anyone saw item 118, which was up for about an hour, I pulled it because to possess them requires a permit. Karl was right to note that it might not be a good idea to keep them up on the internet, and I didn't want to risk it for me or the MT.

Geekmail me if you wanna know what the heck they were... whistle

I am pretty sure you do need a permit to own 10 copies of Hannah Montana DVD Game and that posting them on the internet would cause a frenzy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If no-one objects, I will delete #118 and then do a re-synch of the OLWLG.
It's still early so I can't see that causing an issue for anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, delete it. Thanks. You're doing a bang-up job so far, Jack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid San Filippo
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone going from the Chicago western suburbs that would not mind acting as proxy for me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A good start. We're over 200 items in the first 24 hours, and the overall quality of the offers has been really pretty high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevens
United States
Oshkosh
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an FYI, pretty much anything of mine that doesn't trade will end up in the F&I auction. So, you know, get this stuff while you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The loopster with the lootsters. Sweet entrees, boaty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
241 items so far, and lots of people who usually take part haven't listed their items yet - of course, we have almost a week to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I see we already have a Nexus Ops old edition in the shrink on the list. Is there enough interest in that copy for me to list mine as well? Perhaps I'll just keep it for myself... with the reprint I can't imagine there's any call for the old edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I have two sets of things I'm not going to put up for trade, but I am willing to give away for nothing to a good home.

Echelons of Fire: about 2 decks, and maybe 60 loose cards, rules and such.

Ultimate Combat!: about 360 loose cards, rules and 2 deck boxes.

If you like these games and want this stuff, message me and I'll give it to you. These would have almost no value and will only be of use or value to the existing fan I suspect. With no takers, very likely the recycle bin - where they probably should have gone as soon as they fell into my hands. But I'm a softy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I have a huge lot of stuff for Hordes and Warmachine - Khador, Trolls, and mercenaries mostly. Lots of rulebooks. Some magazines. I've spent thousands on this game and regret every penny. I'd love to part with it all...

So, this is a tough one. I'm not going to list it. It's way too big as a lot and useless broken up into smaller lots. But this might be a good swap at the con outside the context of the math trade. For the right trade, I'd part with it all - several rare board games that I've lusted after for years would do it, I'm sure.

A lot of it is painted fairly well - great big armies. But a lot unpainted too. It's an all or nothing deal... message me if you think we can work out a deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cosine wrote:
with the reprint I can't imagine there's any call for the old edition.

Way to put people off Eric...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
cosine wrote:
with the reprint I can't imagine there's any call for the old edition.

Way to put people off Eric...

I dig the old edition. No reason not to post it. Add a sweetener and you might boost interest in yours.

Do you have plastic rubium?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ygor
Romania
Transylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mb
As Johnny Cochrane used to mutter:

You are forbade to evade, because of the fear of non-trade

Get that sucker up there.... let it fly in the trade winds, like a manly math trader would.

cosine wrote:
I see we already have a Nexus Ops old edition in the shrink on the list. Is there enough interest in that copy for me to list mine as well? Perhaps I'll just keep it for myself... with the reprint I can't imagine there's any call for the old edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Rockford, IL, but can travel as far as Madison to drop off stuff with a proxy. Anyone willing to help a brother out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nightglider1 wrote:
I'm in Rockford, IL, but can travel as far as Madison to drop off stuff with a proxy. Anyone willing to help a brother out?

Pete, if you could make it as far as Milwaukee, I could proxy for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
nightglider1 wrote:

Pete, if you could make it as far as Milwaukee, I could proxy for you.

Let me look into it and see if it's do-able. Thanks for the offer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ygor
Romania
Transylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Pete,

If anyone volunteers from Madison, I'll let you know. As of now, it doesn't look like its going to happen, as nobody seemed interested during yesterday's math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.