Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
Microbadge: This is Bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.Microbadge: Beer fanMicrobadge: Burrito loverMicrobadge: Bacon loverMicrobadge: Brewtown Boardgamers Guild
Re: Fire & Ice Con 2012 - A no-ship math trade
Well, I am putting up some odd things again this year. Who knows what ally'all might want, so why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
Microbadge: “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.” — Anaïs NinMicrobadge: Red and White Ribbon (Lymphoma/Lymphadema Awareness)Microbadge: I support ArsenalMicrobadge: Wine drinkerMicrobadge: Peace and Tolerance
darthhugo wrote:
Pete,

If anyone volunteers from Madison, I'll let you know. As of now, it doesn't look like its going to happen, as nobody seemed interested during yesterday's math trade.
Rich - I'll make the same offer as I have to Pete. If someone is coming to Milwaukee, finding a proxy is no problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevens
United States
Oshkosh
WI
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Martin Wallace fanMicrobadge: Thomas PaineMicrobadge: Big Lebowski fanMicrobadge: Sirenia fanMicrobadge: Clemson University
I am trying to upload some photos of my Magic Realm game. However, each time I try to upload I receive a message saying, "An Error Occurred during the upload." I tried several times using both versions of the uploader. I also cleared my cache and restarted my browser. The weird thing is that I tried to upload a set of 9 images. Four uploaded fine, but the others produced an error.

I even tried to upload them one at a time and I tried renaming the photo. Perhaps I will attempt to resize them and then try again.

Strange.

edit: NM. Resize worked like a charm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.” — Anaïs NinMicrobadge: Red and White Ribbon (Lymphoma/Lymphadema Awareness)Microbadge: I support ArsenalMicrobadge: Wine drinkerMicrobadge: Peace and Tolerance
Two days to go, 367 items. It looks like we'll fall well short of the past two years, but at least the quality of the items is really very high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
Microbadge: Cure for cancer in our lifetimeMicrobadge: Exploration Games fanMicrobadge: I love WisconsinMicrobadge: Ursula K. Le Guin fanMicrobadge: A good night's sleep solves many problems
anglotiger wrote:
Two days to go, 367 items. It looks like we'll fall well short of the past two years, but at least the quality of the items is really very high.
What were the totals of the past years?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Cate108 wrote:
anglotiger wrote:
2010 - 718 items, 248 trades (35.9%)
2011 - 719 items, 181 trades (24.7%)

Unfortunately the lack of a proxy this year from Northern Illinois and Madison is helping to keeping the totals down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
Microbadge: Cure for cancer in our lifetimeMicrobadge: Exploration Games fanMicrobadge: I love WisconsinMicrobadge: Ursula K. Le Guin fanMicrobadge: A good night's sleep solves many problems
anglotiger wrote:
Cate108 wrote:
anglotiger wrote:
2010 - 718 items, 248 trades (35.9%)
2011 - 719 items, 181 trades (24.7%)
Wow! surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: iPad enthusiastMicrobadge: GMT fanMicrobadge: Roger's GMT P500 Geeklist fanMicrobadge: Rodger B. MacGowan fanMicrobadge: Big Bang Theory fan
anglotiger wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
Pete,

If anyone volunteers from Madison, I'll let you know. As of now, it doesn't look like its going to happen, as nobody seemed interested during yesterday's math trade.
Rich - I'll make the same offer as I have to Pete. If someone is coming to Milwaukee, finding a proxy is no problem.
Jack,

Thanks for the offer, but it looks like I'm not going to be able to make the trip. Good luck with the trade!

I'll submit a blank list for my stuff.

Pete
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: GeekVideos Contest winnerMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: The Deep End Podcast Fan
nightglider1 wrote:
anglotiger wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
Pete,

Jack,

Thanks for the offer, but it looks like I'm not going to be able to make the trip. Good luck with the trade!

I'll submit a blank list for my stuff.

Pete
What about gurnee?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
:C.h.r.i.s. M.c.G.o.w.a.n:
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I love all games!Microbadge: 'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner KniziaMicrobadge: Queensrÿche fanMicrobadge: Pulsar 2849 fanMicrobadge: Live Music fan
I wish I could list items in this one, but the deadlines just didn't work around my vacation.

I'll have a bunch for the Hoopla Math Trade in May. (Janesville, WI)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Gaming Hoopla attendeeMicrobadge: Green Bay Packers fanMicrobadge: Milwaukee Brewers fanMicrobadge: Important announcement about BGG communication!Microbadge: 2020 Ultimate Supporter
If anyone is looking for video games, you can check out my available list here:

http://gametz.com/?user=motoyugota&tab=Games&Desire=availabl...

Anything you are interested in (in groups or individually) let me know before 9pm tomorrow and I'll post them for the math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
That's it. 533 items. Not as many items as the past couple of years but still a good total. The important thing is the trade percentage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
First to submit my want list! w00t!

External image
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
OK - I'm done fiddling with my want lists and have run an update. We have about half of the items in.

So far 10 people who have submitted their want lists are making at least one trade, 2 are not (that's after removing Pete, who submitted a blank list for his one item due to lack of a proxy).

27 items out of 265 are changing hands right now (10.2%).

It's low but will hopefully climb as people submit more want lists and everyone remembers that you don't have to pay shipping costs to make trades (which makes trading down a little to get something you're interested in or just rotating trade stock a viable thing to do).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just a reminder to everyone... Jack will be my proxy. I can't make it to F&I because my Mom will be in town.

Have fun gaming (and cheat a little for me... but pretend you were confused. )

Cate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
We have about 55% if the items in.

So far 13 people who have submitted their want lists are making at least one trade, 2 are not (that's discounting Pete).

33 items out of 295 are changing hands right now (11.2%). We were briefly over 14% but then someone took some items off their want lists and we lost several trades. That's the way the trade chains go...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
We have almost 70% if the items in.

So far 16 people who have submitted their want lists are making at least one trade, 1 is not (that's discounting Pete).

41 items out of 372 are changing hands right now (11.0%).

Our trade percentages are going in the wrong direction due to some short want lists as people - as is often the case - target certain items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Heath
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: "Made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."Microbadge: Support your FLGS!Microbadge: I love Milwaukee - A Great Place on a Great LakeMicrobadge: Beer fanMicrobadge: Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization fan
anglotiger wrote:

So far 16 people who have submitted their want lists are making at least one trade, 1 is not (that's discounting Pete).

Our trade percentages are going in the wrong direction due to some short want lists as people - as is often the case - target certain items.
Strange, I added my list after the last update and apparently I made it worse!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
phrosbyte wrote:
anglotiger wrote:

Strange, I added my list after the last update and apparently I made it worse!
Well, others submitted or updated their lists too - yours are actually pretty diverse compared to some, so don't feel bad...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
25.5 hours to go...

# MISSING 107 WANTS (20%) FROM 6 USER(s) (23%):
# boathouselooper (20)
# colleens (10)
# cosine (21)
# Guardtroll (9)
# KLSnow (19)
# slaqr (28)

We have 80% if the items in.

So far 17 people who have submitted their want lists are making at least one trade, 2 are not (that's discounting Pete). One person who had been making trades is now being shut out.

45 items out of 427 are changing hands right now (10.5%).

Our trade percentages are still going in the wrong direction. Some people have trimmed their wants a little, which hasn't helped the trade percentage much - but there's not much to be done about that I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: GeekVideos Contest winnerMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: The Deep End Podcast Fan
I'm in now! Rerun it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Heath
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: "Made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."Microbadge: Support your FLGS!Microbadge: I love Milwaukee - A Great Place on a Great LakeMicrobadge: Beer fanMicrobadge: Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization fan
slaqr wrote:
I'm in now! Rerun it!
Let's hope it doesn't go down again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
phrosbyte wrote:
slaqr wrote:
I'm in now! Rerun it!
Are you saying I'm a stingy trader!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
phrosbyte wrote:
slaqr wrote:
I'm in now! Rerun it!
There's been a very minor improvement actually...

# MISSING 69 WANTS (12.9%) FROM 4 USER(s) (15.3%):
# boathouselooper (20)
# cosine (21)
# Guardtroll (9)
# KLSnow (19)

So far 20 people who have submitted their want lists are making at least one trade, 1 is not (that's discounting Pete).

52 items out of 465 are changing hands right now (11.2%). That's a little disappointing compared to the previous trades for this event, but what can we do?

There are several out there who have no interest in rotating trade stock while there's no shipping cost to do so, have mature collections (i.e. fewer wants in general) and so are targeting a very short list of items. Unfortunately when people do that, they usually end up targeting the same items - some of which get blank want lists. That's everyone's right, and more importantly you shouldn't every make a swap you're unhappy with, but just be aware that one item added to a want list can sometimes open up a new trade chain with a lot more items changing hands (perhaps even more of yours).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
# MISSING 49 WANTS (9.1%) FROM 3 USER(s) (11.5%):
# cosine (21)
# Guardtroll (9)
# KLSnow (19)

So far 21 people who have submitted their want lists are making at least one trade, 1 is not (that's discounting Pete).

63 items out of 486 are changing hands right now (13%). Still kind of low, and it would be nice if everyone manages to make at least one trade, but we're headed in the right direction again.

I will be out most of the afternoon but, for those who are interested, once I get in this evening I might provide a little information about how you're doing (at that particular moment), with no specific information whatsoever about what items are trading.

Requests for an update will only be honoured if sent by GM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |