Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Math Trade Moderator
Re: Fire & Ice Con 2012 - A no-ship math trade
Loosening wantlists now. We'll see if it helps. Unfortunately, I've left several games off my wantlists due to lack of information - specifically editions. I wouldn't mind seeing additional info listed in future local math trades. For some folks, like myself, this matters and may just help increase the trade % in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pollock
United States
Cedarburg
WI
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: PollockCon attendeeMicrobadge: I love chemistryMicrobadge: Pandemic fanMicrobadge: KeyForge fanMicrobadge: Juggler
I revised my want list as well. Hope it helps! Did you get the edition information for items I put up? I responded to the one request.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
Microbadge: “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.” — Anaïs NinMicrobadge: Red and White Ribbon (Lymphoma/Lymphadema Awareness)Microbadge: I support ArsenalMicrobadge: Wine drinkerMicrobadge: Peace and Tolerance
4.5 hours to go:

# MISSING 9 WANTS (1.6%) FROM 1 USER(s) (3.8%):
# Guardtroll (9)

Everyone who has submitted want lists (other than Pete of course) is currently making at least one trade!

88 items out of 526 are changing hands right now (16.7%).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary H
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
Microbadge: Serta Sheep fanMicrobadge: Fan of MasksMicrobadge: Platinum Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Burgers of July 2019 - first year!Microbadge: 3M Bookshelf Games fan
Well, I went back and loosened things up on my end a lot, I figure. I hope this shakes more from the tree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.” — Anaïs NinMicrobadge: Red and White Ribbon (Lymphoma/Lymphadema Awareness)Microbadge: I support ArsenalMicrobadge: Wine drinkerMicrobadge: Peace and Tolerance
bop517 wrote:
Well, I went back and loosened things up on my end a lot, I figure. I hope this shakes more from the tree.
And did it ever...

People have been making changes which made the trade loops change, but the totals themselves didn't change. Gary, you must have some popular items because you now have more trades than anyone else, but the totals are now 101 items changing hands for a percentage of 19.2%.

Make sure you check your want lists for errors - I haven't seen any but you did just open them up a lot...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary H
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
Microbadge: Serta Sheep fanMicrobadge: Fan of MasksMicrobadge: Platinum Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Burgers of July 2019 - first year!Microbadge: 3M Bookshelf Games fan
Good. Now I gotta stay up until 10pm to see.

Double checked. I'm good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
It's funny sitting here and watching what happens as many of you change your want lists, while being unable to change my own. I'm currently making double-digit trades, just from the efforts of others changing the trade chains. It's unlikely to last, I know, but it's still funny to see how things can change...

Edit: And there's another update and I'm back to single digits...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pollock
United States
Cedarburg
WI
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: PollockCon attendeeMicrobadge: I love chemistryMicrobadge: Pandemic fanMicrobadge: KeyForge fanMicrobadge: Juggler
This is almost as exciting as Downton Abbey! Thanks for the updates, Jack.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Game Explainer
10:04. No rush or anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
cosine wrote:
Want lists were posted about four minutes ago and the results a couple of minutes later...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary H
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
Hi.

Two people put up Roma and Roma II. They did not trade. I am interested in both of those. Lets talk!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You can find results here:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Also, don't forget to check the link which shows who wanted your items, and let's see if we can get some side trades going:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/wantedby.cgi?listid=101125
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
anglotiger wrote:
cosine wrote:
Want lists were posted about four minutes ago and the results a couple of minutes later...
Meh. Not too shabby. A few things actually moved, so that's nice. Stuff that's doing nothing more than filling space for things I'll at least like looking at on my shelves. So, kinda a win, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Some final stats. We missed out on 9 items.

# MISSING 9 WANTS (1.6%) FROM 1 USER(s) (3.8%):
# Guardtroll (9)

101 items traded out of 526 which had want lists submitted (19.2%).

More importantly, everyone got trades...

All of my items which did not trade are available in side trades. I'm particularly open to packing for larger deals.

Also, if you were interested in any of the items that I've got incoming, I'd be willing to discuss all of them other than Timber Tom, Aladdin's Dragons and the garment steamer. As ever, most of my trades were made to grease the wheels for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Heath
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: "Made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."Microbadge: Support your FLGS!Microbadge: I love Milwaukee - A Great Place on a Great LakeMicrobadge: Beer fanMicrobadge: Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization fan
I'm pretty happy with my trades, I was pretty interested in that puzzle though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
Microbadge: Cure for cancer in our lifetimeMicrobadge: Exploration Games fanMicrobadge: I love WisconsinMicrobadge: Ursula K. Le Guin fanMicrobadge: A good night's sleep solves many problems
bop517 wrote:
Hi.

Two people put up Roma and Roma II. They did not trade. I am interested in both of those. Lets talk!!!!
I am too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Cate108 wrote:
bop517 wrote:
Hi.

I am too!
I'm not. But if you think I can help either of you make a trade by making it a three-way deal, let me know...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
Microbadge: Odin's Ravens fanMicrobadge: Ardbeg: Peat is all you need!Microbadge: VikingMicrobadge: ÁsatrúMicrobadge: Fjords fan
Stoichi wrote:
This is almost as exciting as Downton Abbey! Thanks for the updates, Jack.

David
Wow, that's the second reference to that show online tonight... since just seeing it appear on Netflix today.

Is it that good?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gallmann
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Fire & Ice Convention attendeeMicrobadge: Paleo DietMicrobadge: HomeschoolerMicrobadge: Gamer FamilyMicrobadge: Extended Stats user
Happy Happy

Thanks Jack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Belgian Malinois loverMicrobadge: In Memoriam: Chad JensenMicrobadge: Chicago Cubs fanMicrobadge: Omnis singulus exemplum Declarationem Libertatis fuerit frugalis or Every single extra copy of the Declaration of Independence has been thriftedMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!
Happy with my trade - although I hated trading away Letters from Whitechapel, it's not going to make it back to the table.

And also worked out a side trade ahead of time with Jack for one of my games that was perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
scoutmom wrote:
Happy with my trade - although I hated trading away Letters from Whitechapel, it's not going to make it back to the table.

And also worked out a side trade ahead of time with Jack for one of my games that was perfect.
A good result of the trade is that no-one else wanted that item, and I traded you an item which wasn't in the math trade. So our side-trade didn't adversely impact anyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike paul
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You have been hexed!
Microbadge: Queen Games Fresco Contest participantMicrobadge: Queen Games "Urbanization" Contest participantMicrobadge: Mayday Games "Eaten By Zombies!: In Cahoots" Giveaway Contest participantMicrobadge: Wizards of the Coast Conquest of Nerath Contest participantMicrobadge: Pessimist
Tied for top trade percent at 60%... not bad for my first math trade (6 of 10 items), including one trade to my proxy person oddly enough!

The only regret is going from mildly curious to somehow convincing myself I now need since seeing Prêt-à-Porter it on the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
eimative wrote:
The only regret is going from mildly curious to somehow convincing myself I now need since seeing Prêt-à-Porter it on the list.
It does seem to be a fun game, and the gameplay fits the theme pretty well IMHO (as if I actually knew anything about the fashion industry).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
diehard4life wrote:
Wow, that's the second reference to that show online tonight... since just seeing it appear on Netflix today.

Is it that good?
If you are into British costume dramas, I suppose it is. Like a fancy well acted soap opera with a bit less amnesia and shenanigans.

Not really my thing, but the wife lives for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |