Subject: Retreats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When retreating after combat, Are you allowed to retreat more units back across Bull Run than the movement limit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but remember units forced to retreat from an attack have to retreat to where they attacked from. So, the only way I think this would apply is if you used more than one move die to move units from the same space across Bull Run. For example, I have two units and roll two moves. The movement limit is one unit, so I use one die to move the first unit and the second move die to move the second unit. I have essentially moved two units across where normally I could only move one. If those units are forced to retreat they both would retreat across the river from where they came.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's exactly what I'm thinking of. Supposing I used three dice rolls of movement to get three units, one at a time, across Bull Run, but failed then to retreat the enemy, would two of my units have to die because only one of them could retreat back.

If that's the case then it's virtually impossible to shift the enemy unless there is only a single unit defending..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they would all be able to retreat back across Bull Run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Guillou-Keredan
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
Vive l'Empereur !
badge
Games give you a chance to excel. (G.Gygax)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
2 questions about retreats :

1 - I understand that a unit may move and resolve assault immediately OR move and resolve assault at the end of the turn. In the case when the assault is resolved at the end of the turn, and a attacking unit have to retreat.How do you remember the area where the unit moved from ?

2* - The rule states that an Artillery or Leader must retreat in an area containing infantry friendly unit. What happen if there is not such area ?
Is it immediately eliminated ?

* Edit : Ok, the situation is resolved. After a re-reading the rule, they may retreat in the closest Area (not only an adjacent one).
But what happen if their area is encircled by ennemy units ? May they retreat through ennemies Areas to reach the closest friendly area ?

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To help me remember where the attackers came from, I place the attacking units half in the area they are coming from and half into the area they're attacking.

You cannot retreat through enemy units... If you are encircled and can't retreat, you are toast! It's all on page 6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.