Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Parker
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an order I was putting through Artscow.. now admittedly there's quite a lot of cards.. 6 decks.. and 6 of each, so the total came to $400 but the shipping was $300!! I'm calling them when they wake up to see if that's correct but I thought I'd check if there are cheaper alternatives to Artscow?

Perhaps something in Australia/NZ so the shipping doesn't kill me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Pawle
Ireland
Dublin
D9
flag msg tools
designer
badge
REPEAL THE 8TH
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes!
That's some hefty shipping wow

Can anyone recommend a similar service in Europe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Printerstudio.com. Cheaper and better cards. The designer isn't as good but I think the price makes up for it. You can also order decks of cards in sizes larger than 54. Can save some money by going that route too. I think they have free shipping coupons as well and some of their sales are fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Dickson
ACT
flag msg tools
??!
badge
And when you gaze long into Ducky Momo, Ducky Momo also gazes into you.
mb
boardkiwi wrote:

Artscow is fine, but the trick is to use coupons that give you free shipping. Right now the front page advertises one that gives free shipping on orders over $15 (FREESHIP15).

If you're getting cards, though, grab one of the codes on this page, which will also give you a cheaper price per deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Parker
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked Printerstudio and my goodness their pricing is much better. I can order decks up to 234 in size, much cheaper than ordering multiples of each on Artscow and then they have free worldwide shipping over $300 via UPS. Haven't done the math but I think it's going to be much cheaper.

I did just check out their designer though and yeah - it sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Artscow always has a regular special, with several codes to choose from (like ZTKZDD7) that gives you decks at 9 bucks with free shipping. Every few months or so they put out a special coupon with better prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered cards from both. The quality from either company was good, but Printerstudio was better and cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
srand wrote:
boardkiwi wrote:

Artscow is fine, but the trick is to use coupons that give you free shipping. Right now the front page advertises one that gives free shipping on orders over $15 (FREESHIP15).

If you're getting cards, though, grab one of the codes on this page, which will also give you a cheaper price per deck.

Good point. May ultimately be cheaper/easier going this route. That said, if you can get past the designer or learn to work within its limitations, printerstudio delivers a superior product and more precise cutting and colors than I've ever had from artscow. And again if you can catch one of their sales, it becomes very cheap. I printed 750 custom cards from them for under $50 shipped in mid December. Plus the cards arrived in 8 business days. Needless to say I was very impressed and they gained a devoted customer from that experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.