Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

The New Era» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple of questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Never played 51st state and I have a couple of questions.

Question 1: Can only an Incorporated location be Conquered or Cooperated by another player?

Question 2: Is there a limit to the tokens in the game? This is in reference to the card Wire Entrapment which allows you to store -1 red Contact tokens on it. I only saw 2 -1 red contact tokens.

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BigMacRepair wrote:
Never played 51st state and I have a couple of questions.

Question 1: Can only an Incorporated location be Conquered or Cooperated by another player?


Yes. You can't conquer Spoils or cooperate with agreements below the base card of another player (if that was the question).

BigMacRepair wrote:
Question 2: Is there a limit to the tokens in the game? This is in reference to the card Wire Entrapment which allows you to store -1 red Contact tokens on it. I only saw 2 -1 red contact tokens.


Wire encampment does not allow the storage of tokens. It has one -1 token on it. If you use it, it's gone.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BigMacRepair wrote:
Never played 51st state and I have a couple of questions.

Question 1: Can only an Incorporated location be Conquered or Cooperated by another player?

Question 2: Is there a limit to the tokens in the game? This is in reference to the card Wire Entrapment which allows you to store -1 red Contact tokens on it. I only saw 2 -1 red contact tokens.

Thanks


1. Yes

2. Wire Entanglement only provides you one -1 token which can be used during a conquest attack on one of your locations. You cannot store tokens on the card. Once you use the -1 token, you cannot have another one on the card anymore.

There might be a situation when you run out those tokens but it's very rare and since the clean up round happens every round, you won't probably need any more than that. I consider New Era as a really good 2-3 card game but 4-5 player game just takes too long, so I don't really have to worry about running of out tokens in a 3-player game. It could happen in a 5-player also with other tokens, at least after the production phase.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Pavel
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have run out of points and meeples when played in 5. I am pretty sure once 2 players cross the border of 30-35 points you have to run out of point tokens. It'd helped to have just 3 or 4 tokens representing 10 points value... Homemade tokens will fix the similar future problems ;-)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nox Noxley
Germany
Waldstetten
flag msg tools
Hello,

we ran into some questions last game and since we are planning to play it again this weekend, maybe you guys can give us a help here.

1. "Wire Entanglement": why does it have a range of "0"? Does that really mean one can play this card as an action without discarding a coop/conquest/incoop-token?
Normally we thought any coop/conquest/incoop-action requires(or autoincludes) a discarding of a token (which have a minimum of range 1, what somehow makes the Zero-range questionable...).


2. "Tank", "Sheriff's office", "Building Site" and "Old Ironworks" have the ability of gaining VP by production of particular resource.
Does the production of universal resources trigger this effect as well? Or does it specifically has to be the mentioned resource? And may one use 2 workes in exchange for a chosen resource to trigger this, too?
It's just because it seemed a bit easy to gain those VP comparing to other locations...


Thank you for your help!

Cheers!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nocturnus wrote:
Hello,

we ran into some questions last game and since we are planning to play it again this weekend, maybe you guys can give us a help here.

1. "Wire Entanglement": why does it have a range of "0"? Does that really mean one can play this card as an action without discarding a coop/conquest/incoop-token?
Normally we thought any coop/conquest/incoop-action requires(or autoincludes) a discarding of a token (which have a minimum of range 1, what somehow makes the Zero-range questionable...).

Yes, no token needs to be played with this card when Incorporated. It is placed under another card with the brown side up and increases the Defense Distance by that amount.

2. "Tank", "Sheriff's office", "Building Site" and "Old Ironworks" have the ability of gaining VP by production of particular resource.
Does the production of universal resources trigger this effect as well? Or does it specifically has to be the mentioned resource? And may one use 2 workes in exchange for a chosen resource to trigger this, too?
It's just because it seemed a bit easy to gain those VP comparing to other locations...

You gain VPs during the Production Phase and during the Action phase if you produce this resource. Reference page 19 in the rule book top right.

Thank you for your help!

Cheers!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.