Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
This was just posted on Kickstarter.com

Quote:
Update #18: We Have A Date!
Posted 8 minutes ago
CGF is headed to China on February 28th to check out the final product, and to bring back suitcases full of games for those of you getting advanced shipping. It's really exciting, and a lot of work has gone into making this happen. I'm really excited to be part of it with you. While there, Ed and crew are going to make sure the games get on the boats (one to North America, and one to Europe, with other orders going out from China).

We've just shipped Barons and Pala across the ocean without issue, and they're being assembled and sent out to your favorite game stores already. With this experience, we're feeling good about getting GtR:Black Box moved around the world and onto your gaming table.

We're really excited to share some of the artwork for your bonus game too. Images of Plato 3000 are on BoardGameGeek.com right now , and here are two of them, head over to BGG to see another:

Thanks so much to our artist Steven Bagatzky for the great visuals.

Best,

Jeremiah

Commercial Director, North America

Cambridge Games Factory

YES! We'd love to see your game idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
What is "advanced shipping"? Was it a kickstart option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
schild

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Advanced shipping was an option. Yes. I didn't choose to take it. I feel like the important date isn't the advanced shipping date though. More like, the date the product will actually be given to the masses rather than the 32 people who paid $75.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schild wrote:
$75.
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elia - "Rainbow Hippie" Acca
Italy
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
While there, Ed and crew are going to make sure the games get on the boats (one to North America, and one to Europe, with other orders going out from China).

I must say this relieves me a bit. I was concerned they would send them to America, assemble them and then ship to Europe. That's good news

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Accatitippi wrote:
Quote:
While there, Ed and crew are going to make sure the games get on the boats (one to North America, and one to Europe, with other orders going out from China).

I must say this relieves me a bit. I was concerned they would send them to America, assemble them and then ship to Europe. That's good news

I hope I can get it sooner because I'm closer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say I'm excited. Plato 3000 looks intriguing, I like the "steam-punk" styled artwork. Kind of reminds me of "Howl's Moving Castle" or other great anime films.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! I was thinking of cancelling my preorder with CSI when I heard the dreaded words "Late April". But after finding out semi-definitively that my copy from them will have the advanced card stock, the bonus cards, and a free copy of a game on my PnP list, I've happily reconsidered.

Thanks for the updates!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
schild wrote:
Advanced shipping was an option. Yes. I didn't choose to take it. I feel like the important date isn't the advanced shipping date though. More like, the date the product will actually be given to the masses rather than the 32 people who paid $75.

While I agree, as one of those 32 people I'm glad to know when it's on the way !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting these updates over here. I am paying attention, though I get so much email about the KS campaign, I use the time I do have to try to keep on top of that. I'm here, watching, and can answer questions. Glad I can be part of this Glory to Rome adventure with you guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Vasey
United States
Lincolnshire
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dawson_osu wrote:
Cool! I was thinking of cancelling my preorder with CSI when I heard the dreaded words "Late April". But after finding out semi-definitively that my copy from them will have the advanced card stock, the bonus cards, and a free copy of a game on my PnP list, I've happily reconsidered.

Thanks for the updates!

What magic words did you utter to CSI to get all these extras?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here was a discussion that was had a while back where CSI confirmed in an email that they'd be getting the promo cards.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/732210/no-promos-from-coolst...

And in this thread it seems at least fairly definitive from what people have found out that if you preordered from CSI, you'll get a copy of Plato 3000 when it comes in as well.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/749093/over-2000-free-copies...

I wouldn't call any of this absolutely 100% set in stone, but I'm confident in it at least enough to keep my preorder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Vasey
United States
Lincolnshire
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool - I missed this completely. Thanks for sharing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.