GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,610 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Estonia

Subject: Favor to Ask: Eesti Leegion decals for miniatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Miller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tere tere,

I'm afraid that is about the extent of my Estonian (but my wife is much better).

I would like to model units of the Eesti Leegion in 15mm and 25mm miniature soldiers for use in miniatures games like Flames of War: The World War II Miniatures Game, Command Decision: Test of Battle and others.

I will have to paint the uniforms but I dread having to paint the arm patches on the miniatures. Does anyone know if there is a source for decals of the Eesti Leegion's arm patches in 15mm or 25mm scale?

Also, if anyone can recommend any books in English or Eestonian about the Eesti Leegion, I would appreciate the pointer. I already know about Eesti Leegion sõnas ja pildis by Mart Laar but I saw some other books in the Apollo bookstores while I was in Tallinn. (Unfortunately they looked heavy and I thought I could order them when I got home, but I can't find them anymore.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aitäh,
Kris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aigar Alaveer
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

A brief search gave this as a result: http://www.apollo.ee/product.php/9789949448265 - an album containing ca 1500 illustrations about Estonian soldiers in WW2. I suppose you are mainly interested of pictures :)

br,

aigar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.