Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mb
I have looked through the threads, and am still unsure of two rules in the game.

1. I play a 1 to the second cartouche (so I must remove one of my own counters) and I play a 1 to the third cartouche (so I can remove/place counters only in the 1st temple).
My question- If I do not have any counters in the 1st temple, do I still have to remove a counter from a higher temple?

2. After scoring players take turns to remove 4 of their own counters from the 4 temples, if possible, one from each temple. Let's say I have counters in temples 1, 3, and 4. Since I have no counters in temple 2, the rules state that I instead remove one counter from the highest temple in which I have counters. So if I had 2 counters in temple three and four, I have to take 2 from four. I can not choose to take 2 from temple 3, correct?

3. We reveal all 8 cards at once, and then resolve each catouche. Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 3 rules clariifications
There was an FAQ distributed at some point which addresses these. It said:

In determining Cartouche 2, if the player has to remove a token, but he has no tokens in the temples determined by the card in Cartouche 3, he must still remove a token from any higher temple. The obligation to remove a token is only removed if the player has no token at all on the board.

Re pt 2), correct, must take 2 from temple 4.

Re pt 3), yes all 8 are revealed simultaneously. This was also in the FAQ.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mb
Re: 3 rules clariifications
PBrennan wrote:
There was an FAQ distributed at some point which addresses these. It said:

In determining Cartouche 2, if the player has to remove a token, but he has no tokens in the temples determined by the card in Cartouche 3, he must still remove a token from any higher temple. The obligation to remove a token is only removed if the player has no token at all on the board.

Re pt 2), correct, must take 2 from temple 4.

Re pt 3), yes all 8 are revealed simultaneously. This was also in the FAQ.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help! I will go find the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah it takes a little to get rolling on this game, but once you do, it flows smoothly. Hope you're getting some good plays in this weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
badge
I'm in my prime.
mb
aaarg_ink wrote:
yeah it takes a little to get rolling on this game, but once you do, it flows smoothly. Hope you're getting some good plays in this weekend!

As I was explaining the game to my wife before our first play, I thought we would be referring to the rules often, but after a few rounds, it all made sense. I have already played 7 times, but only won once and that was against my nine year old daughter. I tied my wife once. I may never beat her at this game.

This is one of those games that I can't imagine how a person could come up with such a unique, tight design. I'd like to do a review of Aton, but I don't know if I have the time to try and do it justice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.