Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
As a very excited backer of the game I was wondering if there was any (new?) news on Divided Republic's release?

Not to be annoying, but since this thread we have not heard much. Has a release date been ironed out yet, or is that still up in the air?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carr
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really interested in an update too... but that's because OMG I WANT TO PLAY IT YESTERDAY.

So yeah, fanboi panic, nothing more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel the exact same way. I am dying to get this game to the table.

Plus this is the first game I ever backed on Kickstarter so I was just interested and curious on how fast the game would be published.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bagosy
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Short answer: It's in the publisher's hands, and I have no control over when it's released at this point, so the best I can say is "March looks good." The publisher has not asked me for the funds, yet. I am not sure whether the games are supposed to be paid for up front, or when they're ready to delivered, etc. If they are supposed to be paid "up front" before publication - then there's a good chance we'll miss March.

The Long Answer: The rules are done, as is the editing. The cards -should- be done. The board, last I saw it, was done, a couple of months ago. I am assuming the components (game pieces) are contracted and done - have heard nothing else about them. Last communication with the publisher was a request for an updated list of Kickstarter Backers (the publisher uses a different word processor program than I do and had a hard time identifying the changes in the final document) and a request for a list of addresses for the backers.

Backers can expect to get a survey from me shortly asking for info like shirt size, address, etc, where appropriate.

The bottom line is, as in the Short Answer, that I have been given no reason to think that it will not be released in March, as per plan. Part of that depends upon how the printer wants to be paid. (And I don't know who's printing it: that's a publisher thing.) However, on that point, I know as little as you do. I will, of course, post an update as soon as I hear anything else about release timeframe.

-Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for responding. I just wanted to get an update on the game and see what was happening behind the scenes. I am sure everything is a bit hectic with real life and the game coming out soon!

Best of luck and again I cannot wait to get my hands on this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.