United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...nothing. :)
mbmbmbmb
It's going to be a couple of days before it gets replaced. So, tonight should be fun. On the plus side I made some great popcorn with cheese, old bay, and Cajun seasoning. So I got that going for me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molnar
United States
Ridgewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
parmesan?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
run the cold tap just a thin trickle and open up the cabinet doors where the plumbing is if they are not heated by an electric element.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
molnar wrote:
parmesan?

Actually I just had powdered white nacho cheese. Parmesan is usually my go to cheese when I am making popcorn.

Redbeardin84 wrote:
run the cold tap just a thin trickle and open up the cabinet doors where the plumbing is if they are not heated by an electric element.

Will do. Thanks for the tip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:

Redbeardin84 wrote:

Will do. Thanks for the tip.

This. A pipe in our basement froze about 4 years ago and flooded it. The pipe was fine for the first 22 years the house was there.

Sorry to hear your news. Better stock up on some Snuggies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Nothing pithy comes to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
That even beats my piss poor day. Get a day off and the Toshiba sent BIOS update crashes the entire system and now we have to mail it in to be fixed. I loved the part where they told me to back up my files (if the laptop won't boot....?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does "feverishly thumbing posts" keep you warm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man I feel for you...I love cold weather but thats just too much. Layer for sure! Wear a warm hat to bed and flannel if you have any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get a portable electric heater. They work wonders.

Just make sure you get one that has an auto shutoff if it gets knocked over. My dad bought one last month and it did not have that safety feature. I was really surprised because I thought that was standard nowadays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Morse
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
http://atroublewithwords.com/
mbmbmbmbmb

Come up to Maine for the weekend. You can sleep on the couch, and we'll play games! (Not while you're sleeping...)

Also - Yes, I'm serious. It's only, what, an 8 hour drive? If you leave now, we can play games all day tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
It's going to be a couple of days before it gets replaced. So, tonight should be fun. On the plus side I made some great popcorn with cheese, old bay, and Cajun seasoning. So I got that going for me...

I am shocked, shocked that no one has suggested the power of a bean burrito to keep you warm.

Second on the pipes and keeping a little water dripping. Even in Florida its a good idea on nights where it is going to be freezing. The theory is if the water is moving it won't freeze and burst your pipes.

If it makes you feel better, it is going to get down to 32 (F) in central Florida this weekend. . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
Quixote171 wrote:
Come up to Maine for the weekend. It's only, what, an 8 hour drive? If you leave now, we can play games all day tomorrow.

Well, I was going to do my taxes tomorrow... What's the burrito situation like up in Maine?

Laudwic wrote:
I am shocked, shocked that no one has suggested the power of a bean burrito to keep you warm.

I thought it was just assumed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Morse
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
http://atroublewithwords.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Quixote171 wrote:
Come up to Maine for the weekend. It's only, what, an 8 hour drive? If you leave now, we can play games all day tomorrow.

Well, I was going to do my taxes tomorrow... What's the burrito situation like up in Maine?

Well, there's a Chipotle in Portland, but we mostly go to Bruce's Burritos in Yarmouth. It's not exactly near my house, but it's on the way.
There is, however, a fairly decent Mexican restaurant within striking distance that has burritos too. Plus we could always get stuff to make them...

Bring your taxes - we need to do ours too - we can have a tax party!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelley E.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
He went that way
badge
I used to have AP. Now I'm not sure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine had this little blade fuse inside the unit up in the attic that would blow after anywhere from 5 minutes to a week. The first night it went out I didn't even have a portable heater and didn't know what was wrong so I chopped wood to warm up at like 9pm. I'm sure my neighbors loved it.

I ended up spending several hundred dollars on two different repair people coming out like 4 times before the second guy reconnected the wire the first guy disconnected and said that was my problem. I asked him why it went out the first time then since the wire was connected at that point and he didn't know. *sigh* At least it's worked for the last month but that doesn't mean anything since this problem started last year and went away for 8 months before coming back.cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
Quixote171 wrote:
Well, there's a Chipotle in Portland, but we mostly go to Bruce's Burritos in Yarmouth. It's not exactly near my house, but it's on the way. There is, however, a fairly decent Mexican restaurant within striking distance that has burritos too. Plus we could always get stuff to make them...

Hmmm... 8 hours and 17 minute drive...

Quote:

\o/ Ain't no party like a tax party cause a tax party never stops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelley E.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
He went that way
badge
I used to have AP. Now I'm not sure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quixote171 wrote:

The one with the biggest return buys burritos?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quixote171 wrote:

Come up to Maine for the weekend. You can sleep on the couch, and we'll play games! (Not while you're sleeping...)

Also - Yes, I'm serious. It's only, what, an 8 hour drive? If you leave now, we can play games all day tomorrow.

Who's going to thumb all our crap with you two busy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.