South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
<insert something pithy here>
badge
<insert something clever here>
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently picked up an unpunched copy of ToS in a trade, and in the box there's a colour photocopy of an additional half-sheet of counters labeled "Trial of Strength Supplementary Counter Sheet No. 1". There are additional German and Soviet units, as well as Greek, Italian, Yugoslav and Commonwealth units.

I checked CSW and even the image galleries of other Panther Game releases, but found no trace of this sheet.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lloyd
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Panther games used to (and perhaps still does)have a gaming magazine. Early in that 'zine they published a Poland Invasion and a Balkans Invasion double supplement. They work like the Stalingrad mini campaign, but are smaller and faster.

I have a copy of it, and link to where I found it, if you like. I was trying to revamp it a little while ago, and should get back to soon. The setup maps are hard to read and the counters are scans of what you already have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
It was included in my copy along with the set up and rules for the Polish, and Balkan scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schubert
United States
Port Republic
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played both the Balkan and Poland scenario last week with a friend new to the system as a warm up to the big cake. They're very good for that. I let him take the Nazis in the Poland scenario so he could enjoy the crushing offensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpl. Fields
South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plloyd1010 wrote:
Panther games used to (and perhaps still does)have a gaming magazine. Early in that 'zine they published a Poland Invasion and a Balkans Invasion double supplement. They work like the Stalingrad mini campaign, but are smaller and faster.

I have a copy of it, and link to where I found it, if you like. I was trying to revamp it a little while ago, and should get back to soon. The setup maps are hard to read and the counters are scans of what you already have.

Thanks! If you could post the link that would be great. I think for now I'm satisfied to stick with the base game, but I may want to try the variants some day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lloyd
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a copy of it here: Balkan-Poland Variant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Humphries
Philippines
Unspecified
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was an insert in an issue of the Australian magazine Breakout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpl. Fields
South Africa
Hopelessly Surrounded
Isandlwana, Zululand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plloyd1010 wrote:

Thank you sir - have some gold!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Doran
United States
Columbia
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plloyd1010 wrote:

Just got an Unpunched copy of this one. Wanted it for a long time but copies were outrageously expensive. But the his was reasonably priced. Nice copy.

So I’m late to this thread. Thanks for the link. It’s nice to have the errata and extras.

But, does anyone have the counters themselves? If not I’ll just make them from the color copy, but I thought I’d ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.