Subject: Yeah, They Fell For It... This Time question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Fitzwater
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before I ask my question, I wanted to say how much I am enjoying this game. I got a real kick out of injured Deputy Schmidt rolling a six and blowing up an 8 strength Zed unit at the Farm (Explosives Cache Discovered). I was sure they would eat the Deputy right up and roll into town. That was fun!

By the way, I'm the world's slowest solitaire player and my first game is 20 turns in and going on 4 days now (not that I am THAT slow, rather, I can only play a little at a time and I enjoy taking my sweet time before I move. Solitaire for me is all about the story and imersion into a world. I'm "normal" with multiplayer games or even play a little fast). I also double/triple check rules on BGG before I move on because I hate misinterpretating or misapplying a card, it taints the game for me.

Anyway, my question is on the Yeah, They Fell For It... This Time card. You may use the card once during the Zed phase to keep one Zed unit from moving 1 spot. Clear enough. However, it also says "It recovers 1 Hit" (and you roll a die to see if you keep the card for another turn). Who gets the hit point? The Zed unit or the defending unit? If the Zeds are full strength already, no effect?

Hmmmm, as I am typing this, I'm not sure why I was confused last night. Seems pretty obvious the Zeds get the point... whistle Well, I already typed all this, I might as well double check...is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi from Germany,

yes, it is perfectly right.
The Zeds unit that is blocked to move gains 1 step as a kind of compensation (they just fill their ranks instead of assaulting).
If the unit is at full strength ... good tactics as this bonus is forfeit for the bad guys. On the other hand, the unit is at full strength and most dangerous.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaret Morgan
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jim,

Yeah, don't worry about the time it takes. If you enjoy slowing it down, immersing yourself in the story, go right ahead! My first play was slow too but I've gotten pretty good about not having to look anything up anymore; but at the same time, I've started to take such a "mathematical" look at everything I do in that game I think I cheat myself out of the story that is happening right in front of my eyes!

In fact, Uwe is starting to inspire me. I'm thinking of making my own counters/cards for the heroes in the game, but basing them on some of my favorite celebrities. Hmmmmmm......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jim! I'm so glad you're enjoying the game so much. Don't worry about how much time it takes - no one from VPG will come and repossess the game because you are not finishing it fast enough! I'm glad you treat it like a fine wine. The other guys answered your question correctly - thanks men! Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.