Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Orr
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a question about following the flow chart during solo play when a cell needs to travel.

The destination box "...Poor country where Major Jihad possible if +2 cells" is of concern.

Question: If the the destination country already has enough cells for a major jihad do I still send cells there or do I skip this box and move on to the "...Good or Fair Muslim country with cell adjacent" box?

I think the same question applies for Radicalization.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! You would still send just 1 cell (9.4.2.6 first sentence) there. If Major Jihad is already possible, it would still be possible if 2 more cells were added, so the condition is met.

However, in the general case, when you are simply determining how Jihadists are using Ops, this case should not come up, because the earlie condition for conducting Major Jihad (9.4.1 third bullet) would have been met, resulting in Jihad rather than Travel.

I do see how this case could come up via Radicalization, if the first unusable Op value placed a cell so as to make Major Jihad possible, affecting Travel by the second unusable Op value (9.4.3 first and second bullets).

vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Orr
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you so much for your quick reply. That clears it up very nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.