Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not graphic designer, but I enjoy playing around with this stuff. I'm trying to make a SOTN map. I'm looking for input. It's still a work in progress. The river names aren't listed, a few areas that should have swamps don't have them, etc. I took a few liberties of changing a few locations around. I haven't actually played the game, so I'm not sure if any of the changes would impact gameplay.

Any input, play-wise or aesthetics are appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tofarley wrote:
I'm not graphic designer, but I enjoy playing around with this stuff...

Same here I like the map, without having checked for details and correctness, it captures the style of the game (and of the original map). What was your target to create it? Just so, replacement for a lost map, or else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PunTheHun wrote:
What was your target to create it?

No real reason. You know how it is. I saw the game and thought it looked neat, but the map was very "functional" and didn't have much flair. A few weeks later I stumbled across these "Tolkien-style Map Brushes" http://calthyechild.deviantart.com/art/Tolkien-style-Map-Bru...

That were free to use. And the idea started percolating to make a nicer-looking, more thematic map. I don't even own the game yet (I've been watching eBay, but everyone wants to charge $15 shipping on a $10 game now days due to the PayPal increases).

When my wife and I first met, we had a shared hobby of photo-retouching. We'd find those "Stars without makeup" type pictures and try to touch them up so they looked ready to walk down the read carpet. That sort of thing. The joy of dinking around in Photoshop, though I use Pixelmator on Mac and Paint.NET on Windows more often now days).

Just one of those things you do because you can, and want to see if you can do it well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.