Popular Tags: [View All]
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He somehow, incredibly, is behind Stefan Feld by about 20 votes at http://beta.geekdo.com/geeklist/123001/2012-derk-cup-round-3... (go to item #4.) Let's get the #61 seed into the quarterfinals!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
For people without access to the beta
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/123001/2012-derk-cup-r...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks-I just realized I screwed that up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you reminded me - that's another vote for Feld.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard of Richard Garfield and many non-gamers I know of, have too. I've never heard of this Stephen Feld dude. Who's that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Voted. He is now ahead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great-let's keep this going! It would probably be too much to hope for a win against Kramer if Garfield wins, but we'll do what we can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Occhipinti
United States
Decorah
Iowa
flag msg tools
Magic Fanboy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordHellfury wrote:
Renaissance Man wrote:
He somehow, incredibly, is behind Stefan Feld by about 20 votes at http://beta.geekdo.com/geeklist/123001/2012-derk-cup-round-3... (go to item #4.) Let's get the #61 seed into the quarterfinals!

Incredible that an popular boardgame designer do so well on a site dedicated to boardgames?

Not that Garfield is a slouch by a long stretch, but... this isn't the WotC site either.

Feld does hold a tad bit more water here, considering how ravenous many users here are for eurogames.

I think you underestimate how many people get into playing other board games from Magic. It was certainly the first game I played that I thought was amazing. Now my time is split probably 1/3 - 1/3 - 1/3 between Magic, the game I'm designing, and other board games. Magic still really is that good, but not everyone has the time (or inclination) to appreciate it, and I always love trying out the new euros too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LordHellfury wrote:
Renaissance Man wrote:

Incredible that an popular boardgame designer do so well on a site dedicated to boardgames?

Not that Garfield is a slouch by a long stretch, but... this isn't the WotC site either.

Feld does hold a tad bit more water here, considering how ravenous many users here are for eurogames.

Whoever that Feld fella may be, he's nowhere near as famous as Garfield (or as successful) - like I said previously, tons of non-gamers and gamers know or have heard of Garfield, none of them knows who this Felt dude is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dixon
United States
Mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Needs my help... you mean in addition to the money I've shoveled to him over the years?

Must have made some bad investments, I guess...

Diis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
Twilight Imperium 3rd - Forever
mbmbmbmbmb
Not just magic but a few other board games as well and one of my favorites - Robo Rally is his.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.