Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's possible ...

Gene posted the following for Iron and Oak on the GMT P500 for February 2012 Geeklist:

We'll be pushing a bit more on this one in terms of promotion in the near future, guys. The thing is the design and development is finished;the game is ready to go to art and printing. So we'd like to see it get one of those 3rd or 4th quarter slots. But the order #s just aren't quite there yet. We like the game and are willing to take a bit of a risk. But the topic scares us a little, sales-wise, as we're just not sure what the market is. So if you're interested in this one at all and waiting to put in your P500 until later, you'd help us a lot by letting us know your interest soon.

Thanks much!

Gene

So for those who have been taking a waist and see position, it might be time to jump in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is good news. I see that the number of pledges has edged closer to 500. My own pre-order is with Udo Grebe of Germany, I'm not sure if that shows up in GMT's stats. Due to EU law, ordering stuff directly from the USA can lead to you being ripped off by 'handling charges'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It got its 500th pledge today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dropped back to 498 now ! soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Now it's marked as 'Made The Cut' with 498 pledges.

This must be a first!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

GMT's commitment to make the game more than vapour-ware has encouraged a few of the fainter-hearted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis-David Plourde
Canada
Terrebonne
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! 520

After seeing the examples of play on the videos (Part 1 to 5) and a quick overview of all discussion here and on Consimworld. I'm sure the Designer Jim Day will deliver a very good game on this intersting subject. It looks that mechanics are very clever and makes the game storytelling... I'm sure I will have great fun with this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Now on GMT schedule for 1st quarter 2013
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Seely
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Winner of the C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
mbmbmbmbmb
beresford wrote:
Now on GMT schedule for 1st quarter 2013

GMT seemed to indicate in their update that some of their production forecasts involve a little bit of "wishful thinking", and that titles in that 500-ish range (such as Iron & Oak) will need to accrue more orders to get them over (or at least nearer to) the 700 hump to really guarantee that they will make the targeted production dates. I added my pre-order, so hopefully we'll see them continue to come in over the next several months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawkeye
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They posted examples of counters and cards for both of their Civil War naval titles this week, so it seems as if they are moving forward even as they wait for the numbers to come up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1st Q2013 per GMT. Final counters are up at GMT. http://www.gmtgames.com/p-293-iron-and-oak.aspx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.