David .
Indonesia
Jakarta
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I just got my copy of Constantinopolis last weekend, but I haven't had the chance to play it since I need to read the rule first.
Now that I've finished reading the rulebook, I still have some questions which I think is not stated clearly in the rulebook.

* Why do players need/want to buy goods at the market?
Given the fact that the goods each player can ship, donate, or use in commercial building must be the ones they can produce.

* In the store/discard goods phase at the end of the round, does each player discard all of their goods (including the ones in the storage room), but 1, if none of them own a warehouse utility building?
Example, if I have 2 consumer goods left unused on my production building and 2 industrial goods that i just bought in my storage room, do I have to choose 1 goods between the 4 of them or can I store 1 consumer goods along with the 2 industrial goods to the next round? (I don't have a warehouse utility building)

I'd really love to have some clearance on those stuff above before I get the chance to play this game.

Thanks,
finth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this in a while, but hopefully I remember the rules correctly:

1. You can only buy goods from the Market which you can't produce on your own. If you already produced 1 or more of that good, you aren't allowed to buy it, unless you have the special building which lets you break this rule.

The game is all about filling contracts, and so if the contracts you draw require goods that you don't have, buying them from the Market is the only way to make money off that contract.

2. Similarly, if you have extra goods that you can't use on your contracts, your only option is to throw them away, or sell them on the market, or convert them into points.

Basically, on your turn, you do the following:

1. Draw Contracts
2. Curse at the game for giving you terrible contracts that don't match your goods
3. Buy as many goods as you can to fill as many contracts as possible
4. Sell your remaining goods for money and/or points
5. See if you can afford to buy a new building and/or ship
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Buying goods allows you to fulfill trade contracts that you otherwise couldn't complete. The ability to buy goods you produce is always helpful, so I try to buy that building quickly!

I found that the ability to store a vast amount of goods means that you aren't using your goods properly. I rarely ever have to store more than 1 cube.

Most of the rules will become clear as you play the game. The best thing to do is play a mock game with a few players in which you read the rules on each step as you progress through the game. You'll understand everything soon enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David .
Indonesia
Jakarta
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response, guys
Can't hardly wait to play it this weekend

finth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kleiner
United States
New York
flag msg tools
There is also a special green building called the Warehouse that lets you store up to 5 cubes so you don't have to chuck them & if I want to sell cubes alot there is also a green building that lets you make 1 extra buck in selling cubes. I always but the warehouse around round 4 or 5 when I know I get alot of cubes from red buildings I have to do alot of contracts the next round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.