Subject: neutral red taoist questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so I played 2 games of GS each with 2 players and 2 neutral boards and I'm unclear how to use the Red Taoist's power as a neutral player.

One side of the board it states that the red player can fly to anywhere, but if there is no red player then how can the other players use this power with their neutral power tokens?

Regarding the other side of the board, that power is that the red player can move another Taoist 1 space. But again, if there is no red player, how does this work - Can another player move himself an extra space or only another player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
so I played 2 games of GS each with 2 players and 2 neutral boards and I'm unclear how to use the Red Taoist's power as a neutral player.

One side of the board it states that the red player can fly to anywhere, but if there is no red player then how can the other players use this power with their neutral power tokens?

Regarding the other side of the board, that power is that the red player can move another Taoist 1 space. But again, if there is no red player, how does this work - Can another player move himself an extra space or only another player?

The player using the token gets the power temporarily. So that player can fly anywhere with one board and push the other player (to the middle) with the other power. IIRC you cannot push yourself with the push power, making it worthless solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Jackie McLean - Let Freedom Ring
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:

From the rules on page 9:

For solitaire play, make sure the red board has the "Dance of the Spires" power visible (to enable flying).

If you're using "Dance of the Twin Winds" as a neutral power in a 2 player game, you follow the text for the power as if it were your own during the Yang phase. The description for "Dance of the Twin Winds" says you may move one other Taoist one space after you complete your own (normal) move. so that's how it works when you invoke it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.