tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Elias
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is it just me or does Lukas seem to imply that when a hero dies, you reduce your threat? He talks about waiting to revive your hero with Fortune or Fate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mighty Rauros
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
narsil0420 wrote:
Is it just me or does Lukas seem to imply that when a hero dies, you reduce your threat? He talks about waiting to revive your hero with Fortune or Fate.

He was talking about a previous test mechanic, where secrecy was based around the number of heros you had in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
I really wonder how the secrecy is going to work. I have a hunch the designers are not that sure either. I appologize in advance if they are, but what do others think?

ps: 20 is a very low threat. Even with 2 heroes you need to choose those of lowest threat cost (and probably a high willpower not to jump the line within the first round or two). Any combos that come to mind immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
jpraibis wrote:
I really wonder how the secrecy is going to work. I have a hunch the designers are not that sure either. I appologize in advance if they are, but what do others think?

I'm not sure, if I totally understand your question fully as they have already said how secrecy is going to work:

(If your threat is 20 or less then cards with the secrecy keyword get their costs reduced by the secrecy value)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jpraibis wrote:

ps: 20 is a very low threat. Even with 2 heroes you need to choose those of lowest threat cost (and probably a high willpower not to jump the line within the first round or two). Any combos that come to mind immediately?

I am sure they know how it works or they wouldn't be publishing it.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Elias
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I myself, did not feel the need for a new player mechanic yet in the game, but it can't hurt. I'm sure it'll be interesting to play with!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Coon
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
I just hope it doesn't make Spirit even more powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sorry for not being clear. What I meant was whether it is going to be a well-pursued strategy or not. I am sure the mechanics are clear - they seem clear to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the already powerful spirit heavy decks are becoming even stronger yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
I think this is a good opportunity to shamelessly self-advertise my recent article.

Play a Hammer deck with Frodo, Eleanor and Theodred.
Drop a Wandering Took on turn 1.
Use his ability.
Play Timely Reinforcements.
Maybe a second one after Theodred gave himself a resource.
Profit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
jpraibis wrote:

I am sure they know how it works or they wouldn't be publishing it.....

FFG has previously written about secrecy:

FFG wrote:
With the Dwarrowdelf cycle, however, players gain new means of accelerating their resources. Players able to keep their threat under 20 may play cards with the Secrecy keyword at significant discounts. Secretive fellowships can gain Timely Aid (The Redhorn Gate, 3) for just one Leadership resource. Players have long included multiple copies of Sneak Attack (Core Set, 23) in their decks for its ability to facilitate the play of expensive allies, and Timely Aid can potentially grant the same benefits. Even better, if you recruit Gildor Inglorion (The Hills of Emyn Muil, 79), he can provide you advance knowledge of your draw deck and ensure that you’ll know when your Timely Aid will come from a humble source, such as a Snowbourn Scout (Core Set, 16), or from a mighty ally, such as the Eagle, Landroval (A Journey to Rhosgobel, 53).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
sirprim wrote:
I think this is a good opportunity to shamelessly self-advertise my recent article.

Play a Hammer deck with Frodo, Eleanor and Theodred.
Drop a Wandering Took on turn 1.
Use his ability.
Play Timely Reinforcements.
Maybe a second one after Theodred gave himself a resource.
Profit.

Yes, I think it easier to build around secrecy in multi-player (in one of the decks). And yes, Wandering Took there seems like one of the likeliest utilities. And finally, I feel the hero-reduction is going to be hard to follow, but I am waiting to be proven wrong.

Just imagine though, taking the deck with two (or even one, as the artlicle suggests) heroes to Dol Guldur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.