United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...nothing. :)
mbmbmbmb
So what did you think? I thought it was really good. I'm pretty excited with the options they gave the story for a couple of reasons.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Rick kills those tow guys from another group. I hope this means they will run into another group and chaos will ensue. I guess Hershel will have to keep them on the farm now because of extra defense.

Lori flips her car after hitting a zombie or human. I wonder if this could be a human from the other group. Maybe it was trying to flag her down. Either way this puts her in danger and should add some more excitement.

Edit: I should mention that I haven't seen the sneak peak for the next episode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you watch the Comic show that came on after? During the first commercial break it showed the "on the next episode" thing for TWD.

You hear people outside the bar saying "Is anyone in there? We're looking for our friends." So they do show up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Both good points.
Although that show still has pacing issues. Plotlines unfold slower than the average speed of the walkers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Plotlines unfold slower than the average speed of the walkers.

I agree. I want to see more zombies action too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
I've never read the comics, but there has to be enough material in there for y-e-a-r-s worth of tv shows even WITH an accelerated pacing rate.

p.s.
I will be glad when Hershel dies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
I've never read the comics.

They are good. I recently read chapters 1-48 and it gets crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Watson
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, and I can also say that the show has gone down a different route from the comic. Different, not bad, because I like them both. Ps, Tick, you ain't seen nothing yet. Keep reading that series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:

Can they show this on network TV? Two zombies gettin' busy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
So what did you think? I thought it was really good. I'm pretty excited with the options they gave the story for a couple of reasons.

Rick kills those tow guys from another group. I hope this means they will run into another group and chaos will ensue. I guess Hershel will have to keep them on the farm now because of extra defense.

Lori flips her car after hitting a zombie or human. I wonder if this could be a human from the other group. Maybe it was trying to flag her down. Either way this puts her in danger and should add some more excitement.

Edit: I should mention that I haven't seen the sneak peak for the next episode.

I think
the other group
is a ruse by the writers to distract us from a more insidious development:
Beth's illness
. What follows is my guess as to what will happen in the coming season:

Beth is infected with the zombie virus. Although she was not bitten, she has been exposed -- possibly it's airborne or perhaps waterborne (remember the walker in the well??) At any rate, the farm has become tainted, precipitating everyone to have to leave.

I LOVE this show and I don't really like the zombie genre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

Disagree. The strength of this show are the character stories -- how do people hang onto their humanity when the world has fallen into chaos. What morals can you afford to keep? And at what cost?

Having more walkers would make them predictable and lessen their impact. As it stands now, the walkers are a random threat, genuinely terrifying when they turn up. Turning this into "escape the zombie of the week" would ruin the show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick is as fast and deadly on the draw and as deadly as my other TV hero, Raylen Givens, on Justified. They are both slender fellows, too. Cool.

My youngest son and I were texting today and wondering what plot device would drive them off the farm. Contaminated water is as good as any.

We were wondering at the end of last season when other not-so-nice survivors would show up. Good timing.

This is a dummy entry.

I haven't read the comics either.

If this were set in Texas would there be a zombie Texas cop named Ranger, Texas Walker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking as soon as he shot em, hide those bodies and get outa dodge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamedog wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

Disagree. The strength of this show are the character stories -- how do people hang onto their humanity when the world has fallen into chaos. What morals can you afford to keep? And at what cost?

Having more walkers would make them predictable and lessen their impact. As it stands now, the walkers are a random threat, genuinely terrifying when they turn up. Turning this into "escape the zombie of the week" would ruin the show.

Couldn't agree more with this. I love that the show takes its time and keeps zombie action to a minimum so that it's extremely satisfying when it does happen.

How good was the scene in the bar at the end of the episode featuring a former cast member of True Blood? Good stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:

On freeze frame it is clearly a walker

Unrelated...on the Talking Dead aftershow the executive producer said that they've heard the criticisms about the number of zombies during the first half of this season and that we'll see more as this season wraps up, but at the same time they don't want to just throw zombies out there just to up the body count. They want them to mean something for the plot.

Nice to see the guy who played Britt on Terriers back on my screen. I like that guy. I hope he becomes a regular cast member.

That was an anti-spoiler
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that the episode was really good and I am once more excited about the show. It appears that whatever staff rearranging that was rumoured to have happened during the first season paid off, as the last few episodes of season 1 had much to be desired.

This season is doing much better, especially hitting the moral questions.

Of course Laurie has to flip her car at the end, making her an 'eye-rolling' stereotype of "that stupid girl did something stupid again". That would be my one criticism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
CHA was my dump stat
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
Highly enjoyable. The scene in the bar had good tension.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB
United States
Hillsboro
Or
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't see the latest episode but I do tend to think that things have moved a tad too slowly. I understand and agree that focusing on the characters and their development is important, but some if it just hasn't seemed to mesh or move forward with enough impetus.

I thought the whole Sophia thing dragged on way too long (was it 8 episodes?), and Herschel and fam could have said something as they would have known they just dragged in a small girl zombie recently. Perhaps that's answered in the latest episode.

Perhaps the biggest hang-up is how drastically different the show is from the source material. I know there needs to be differences, but I just feel that the graphic novels explored the characters in a much more interesting way. Plus they took more risks and had many more surprises. The show is kind of the same old thing (as compared to other dramas), and I don't feel it is really exploring how truly "changed" everyone is. Second season so far has been a big disappointment, and after such promising first few episodes in season one.

I recommend to everyone to pick up Kirkman's graphic novels. Far superior and definitely great reads. Plus, as the show is such a departure, it'll feel completely new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frienetic wrote:
I haven't see the latest episode but I do tend to think that things have moved a tad too slowly. I understand and agree that focusing on the characters and their development is important, but some if it just hasn't seemed to mesh or move forward with enough impetus.

I haven't really noticed a significant change from the first to second season. If I watched all of the episodes in order, I doubt I could detect where season one ends and two begins.

Quote:
Perhaps the biggest hang-up is how drastically different the show is from the source material.

True of most book/series comparisons. As someone who hasn't read the source material, I can say they have done an excellent job of making a realistic zombie story with minimal corniness that usually occurs with this genre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:

Nice to see the guy who played Britt on Terriers back on my screen. I like that guy. I hope he becomes a regular cast member.

He was great on Terriers.
He's not coming back unless he was just wounded. Or comes back as "Super Revenge Zombie"!
I suppose Laurie doesn't have to worry about raising a baby in a horrible world anymore either.

I spent most of the first half of this season complaining "Geez! They're still on the Farm!?". I agree the Sophia thing took way, way too long. It did create a nice cliffhanger and put Shane in a more interesting light.

My favorite character development is Glen getting the booty call. Go Glen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
It is really weird to watch it knowing what they did in the books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sugi wrote:
He's not coming back unless he was just wounded. Or comes back as "Super Revenge Zombie"!

He's pretty obviously not coming back. I was just playing with anyone who hadn't seen it yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Doupe
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamedog wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

I agree. However, you can mix up the human drama a bit. Hanging out on the farm looking for the girl went on about two episodes too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob Doupe wrote:
gamedog wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

I agree. However, you can mix up the human drama a bit. Hanging out on the farm looking for the girl went on about two episodes too long.

Check out "Survivors". A British show that deals with relationships in a fallen world. It's similar to what it happening on Walking Dead but without Zombies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivors_(2008_TV_series)

We need the zombies to be more integral to the story or else we just have that show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got a chance to see it on the DVR last night.

Great episode the bar scene was awsome.
awsome quick draw. I think Hershel was like "holly crap this guy is for real and not f'in around, maybe I should trust him"

I stand by my original opinion I posted here a while ago, I want to put a bullet in Shane so bad...
he is no more trustworthy then the two that walked into the bar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
Not having read the comic books, I have no idea of the original plot

So far the other human encounters have been

(relatively) non threatening but as time goes on and people get more desperate, is this a sign of more human-human friction and events that will bond the farm people to ricks party in mutual defense... or spell the end of the farm era and them needing to move on again...

the bar scene did redeem Rick, he has got a bit wussy but this showed us his place as the strong, sensible leader character which will result in more friction with Shane

..and well done to Glenn....lucky fella
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.