Subject: Might be a stupid question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcin Chojnacki
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
Is Canada considered as part of Europe in the game mechanics? It has a similar color scheme and it confuses me. Sorry if this question showed up somewhere, but I haven't noticed even using the search utility/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonis Georgountzos
Greece
Athens
Zografou
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Canada is in the Region "Europe" !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Canada is part of Europe in TS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
That was what my husband realized belatedly last time we played right after he laid down the Europe scoring card. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a few similar choices on the map, such as Turkey being part of Western Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Chojnacki
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
Guess it has sense rulewise if we won't consider its geographically batshit retardedness. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Hiesterman
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I wish to kill you, be at rest as to that, but to kill you quietly in a snug, remote place, where you will not be able to boast of your death to anybody
badge
Caught trouser-free in open country...
mbmbmbmbmb
The map has more to do with relationship/culture rather than geography. Parts of the Middle East are very weird as well, but it makes way more sense if you think about the post-war relationships in that region...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kharn_The_Betrayer wrote:
Guess it has sense rulewise if we won't consider its geographically batshit retardedness. Thanks

The map has nothing to do with Geography, it is a political map As said earlier that's why Turkey is in Europe as it is an important European/USA ally. It's not perfect though. Jordan could be considered Europe for the same reason but it is not, probably because the mop also tries to be roughly geographically correct or for game purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.