Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the counter ability of this card actually do? It states you can play the card as a counter when attacked and then it says "All wizards have line of sight to Global Spells for purposes or dispelling or countering them". I read that and pretty much said, "Huh?". Can anyone help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Pushkar
Estonia
flag msg tools
mbmb
skyzero wrote:
What does the counter ability of this card actually do? It states you can play the card as a counter when attacked and then it says "All wizards have line of sight to Global Spells for purposes or dispelling or countering them". I read that and pretty much said, "Huh?". Can anyone help?

First situation. Someone cast Fireball at you. You cast Flood as a counter. Later anyone can dispel it since all players have LOS to that global spell.

Second situation. You cast Flood on your turn as a neutral to extinguish Wall of Fire that blocks your path, Fire Cloak worn by one of the players and wash away Acid Bath from yourself. Anyone can counter it with Negate Neutral since all players have LOS to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soddy wrote:
skyzero wrote:

First situation. Someone cast Fireball at you. You cast Flood as a counter. Later anyone can dispel it since all players have LOS to that global spell.

Second situation. You cast Flood on your turn as a neutral to extinguish Wall of Fire that blocks your path, Fire Cloak worn by one of the players and wash away Acid Bath from yourself. Anyone can counter it with Negate Neutral since all players have LOS to it.

I think I get it, so you can play flood to counter a FIRE spell only. It won't cancel "Zot!" or "Waterbolt", but it will counter Fireball...correct?

Secondly, when casting a temporary spell like "Flood", without using additional energy, I'm assuming it's only valid for that 1 turn, right? Sorry for all the questions, new to the game and want to teach it properly on my game night this week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Mason
United States
Attleboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Riotproof wrote:
That is correct

Awesome, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurício Silva
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
soddy wrote:
You cast Flood on your turn as a neutral to extinguish Wall of Fire that blocks your path, Fire Cloak worn by one of the players and wash away Acid Bath from yourself.

It's not clear to me if Flood washes acid bath away.

Acid bath: If the target if affected by a Water spell, the acid washes off and this spell ends.

The flood card does not mention that it affects any wizard, just their spells, items and objects. However, it has the global trait:

rulebook pg11 wrote:
Global: A spell that affects the entire labyrinth.

Now, what exactly does the game refers as the labyrinth? Is it the board, or is it everything, including the wizards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vigerus Vigerus
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mauricio MdS wrote:

Now, what exactly does the game refers as the labyrinth? Is it the board, or is it everything, including the wizards?

Although I totally agree with you that this is not okay of using the word "labyrinth" and not stating this in rules, I would answer - yes - everything, including wizards, as f.ex. Fire Cloak is discarded as flood is cast and not countered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.