Subject: "Unbanishable" Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Keith
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
"Watch, but do not govern; stop war, but do not wage it; protect, but do not control; and first, survive!" - Cordwainer Smith
badge
"Aint that just the way"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little unclear on what happens to cards with this descriptor (like Avatar of the Fallen): it makes sense that they're unaffected by cards that let you banish from the center row, but what happens when they're defeated? Do they stay in the main row? Do they go back in the draw pile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
touchstonethefool wrote:
I'm a little unclear on what happens to cards with this descriptor (like Avatar of the Fallen): it makes sense that they're unaffected by cards that let you banish from the center row, but what happens when they're defeated? Do they stay in the main row? Do they go back in the draw pile?
When defeated, you earn the reward printed on them like with any other monster, and then they go to the Void.

Only way to get a card to go back to the Portal deck/draw pile is if you use a Return Of The Fallen exp card that lets you defeat monsters in the Void as if they were in the Center Row. In that case, the card instructs you to place the defeated monster back into the bottom of the Center deck.

This is how I was taught by several groups, but the iOS version of the game also implements it this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Goldstein
United States
Culver City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unbanishable means they are immune to any means of removal by banish effects from cards.

The only way to remove them is to defeat them with power.
When defeated they go into the Void, just like any other card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.