Tom Chounpanh
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
We need an update and I think we need assurances they'll be expedited to us and not wait 4-6 weeks for the damn thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
mbmbmbmbmb
Patience is a virtue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Yea, a little patience. They've been good with updates on this issue so far, so I don't think this post is warranted. It's also still very possible to play the game with the warped boards - hasn't stopped me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chounpanh
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
Yeah, we've been rocking the game quite regularly since I bought it at Christmas. It's a great game, one of my favourites now in fact, but at the same time I bought a product that has been acknowledged as having defective parts. I personally, want that part asap - you can chalk it up to my geek OCD if you want but hey, the part in question is probably the MOST important part of the game.

I'm glad they've acknowledged it and I'm REALLY glad they're doing something about it - i just don't want to wait any longer; or have to wait 4-6 weeks of shipping time for something this important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get this whole impatience with replacement bits. Sure, it's nice when they arrive on time, but if a company takes a few weeks longer to work it out just right, that won't kill me.

I'm waiting for the Mansions of Madness Alchemy replacements myself, and I think they were promised for the next few weeks, too, but hey, they'll arrive eventually. FFG has an awesome track record when it comes to customer service, and I'm sure they'll get the replacements that they got for Thaadd up to a level that's ... well, half as good as hers would be awesome and above industry standard already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
mbmbmbmbmb
You will receive your package before the premiere of Diablo 3. For sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Corbett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
I don't get this whole impatience with replacement bits. Sure, it's nice when they arrive on time, but if a company takes a few weeks longer to work it out just right, that won't kill me.

I'm waiting for the Mansions of Madness Alchemy replacements myself, and I think they were promised for the next few weeks, too, but hey, they'll arrive eventually. FFG has an awesome track record when it comes to customer service, and I'm sure they'll get the replacements that they got for Thaadd up to a level that's ... well, half as good as hers would be awesome and above industry standard already.

Thaad isn't there anymore unless she moved back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
C'mon it's not hard!

"...this shipment is expected to arrive around mid-February (approximately February 13th). At this time, we will begin shipping the requested replacement boards. We will follow-up with an email when we begin sending the boards out."

Assume they arrived a little late... Then assume they ship them out in bits and pieces to various places over the next few weeks... Then assume your board should arrive by end of Feb / early March. If yours hasn't arrived by then by all means start tapping your watch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Would you like steak with that?
badge
Have another Keith's
mbmbmbmbmb
There's certainly no harm in asking Tom.

I am also wondering if anyone has received theirs yet or when they are shipping them out.

A year or so ago FFG announced that they would be increasing their prices to allow them to continue to sell high quality games with high quality components.

After that announcement I am still buying FFG games and will continue to do so. I therefore believe that asking about replacements is pretty fair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kbrebach wrote:
C'mon it's not hard!

"...this shipment is expected to arrive around mid-February (approximately February 13th). At this time, we will begin shipping the requested replacement boards. We will follow-up with an email when we begin sending the boards out."

Assume they arrived a little late... Then assume they ship them out in bits and pieces to various places over the next few weeks... Then assume your board should arrive by end of Feb / early March. If yours hasn't arrived by then by all means start tapping your watch.

Well they also once said they would ship out replacement boards early January, so it is certainly within reason to ask how things are going now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sword of Gideon
msg tools
mbmbmb
And they've ignored my recent email query. I'm not feeling confident at this point...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chounpanh
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
broadsword wrote:
And they've ignored my recent email query. I'm not feeling confident at this point...

When did you send the email? I'm wondering if it's just a case of they get back to you after several days...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
http://podcastoficeandfire.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
My board is still playable so I'm not too worried. Yes, it is annoying with the warping, but we'll get it eventually. Then you can use the original defunct board to draw modified borders on for variants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The AGoT reprint is listed as on the boat, so perhaps the game boards are in the same shipment. After all, it seems likely that they would fix the problem before doing a second print run so why not do all at the same time, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaibrial Mc Kee
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FFG has just sent out an email to this effect. Following is an extract:

''Fantasy Flight Games has received its shipment of replacement boards, and is now processing all requests in the order they were received. You should expect to see your request processed within 2-4 weeks, depending on your location.''
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.