Dave Maxx
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some house rules we introduced that have made our games more fun--

No automatic spells
All spells and prayer need a minimum of one success to work - this was esp. important for Hold Monster which pretty much let one party stomp through tombs (the other suggestion was to make it a discard).

Inn Card Max
--Fighters - 3 items cards
--Rogues/Clerics 2 item cards
--Wizards 1 Item card.

Anyone can have a max of 2 of only tactic cards.

Wizards/Cleric allowed Max spell/blessing = to their Magic/Holiness. NOTE: Attached Treasure cards or cards earned in the tombs may break this rule.

Spells/Prayers must be pre-attached - We didn't allow spells to be kept in hand - we decided each character should have his spell book pre-sorted - so we kept them faced down below the character.

Traps Use Up A Character's Actions For The First Raid Round (Optional rule - increases difficulty) - This is a tough one -It forces the player to be strategic as to who he commits to disarming a trap because it limits the amount of characters available to fight monsters in the first round. Use with caution.

Monster Spells & Prayers - - To increase the challenge level, we let spell and prayer capable monsters use spells that can be only be Turn cast as if they were battle spells (so long as they were applicable to the battle - i.e. they didn't affect characters not in the crypt.

Hope they work for you!

D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the sound of those, do you mind If I add them in to the next version of my Un-Official rules?

Thanks
Andy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Maxx
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely! After all, that's what this place is all about. Would love to see any others you've come up with.

D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.