Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got some figs and sweet mamajama are they cool! I am stunned.

A moment of silence.

But, question, do you guys generally run them in the game with the facing rule in play, or do you face the figures where you want them to be 'looking'?

I notice that on the HS tiles they are a tad big to cock and fit cleanly in tight spaces.

R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goodhand
United States
GSP Exit #20 (Seaville)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes... it is important for those reasons stated above. I have actually seen some guys PAINT the edge of their figures bases to remind them which three sides are the FRONT (for determining Battle Zone) and which sides are the BACK (vulnerable to flanking and rear attacks).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goodhand
United States
GSP Exit #20 (Seaville)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No... not the flat top part of the base that has all the stats printed on it, only the 1/4" (6mm) height or thickness of the base itself. At GenCon in Indianapolis, Indiana last August I noticed that one guy's Lord of the Rings: Combat Hex - Trade-able Miniatures Game figures were painted there like a Racing Stripe. If I remember correctly, the front three sides bordering where the Movement, Attack, and Defense "stats" are located, were RED and the rear three sides bordering Model Number, Faction Emblem, and Special Abilities were WHITE. When I asked him what that was for, he didn't hesitate to explain that the colors help him remember which way to face the "Battle Zone" to avoid being attacked on the flanks or from the backside. If seemed a little over-the-top OCD, but obviously he plays this game a lot more than I do and felt the need for such a method to remind him to not inadvertantly allow his opponents an extra die. It's hard enough to survive the Damage Chain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.