Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Taylor
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After you use them, they go back into your deck. When I draw it again do I play it immediately and draw another card, or does it take up one of the spaces in my hand?

If it's the latter they don't seem that useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DTaylor wrote:
After you use them, they go back into your deck. When I draw it again do I play it immediately and draw another card, or does it take up one of the spaces in my hand?

If it's the latter they don't seem that useful.

The latter.
[Edit: Oops. Mis-read "hand" as cards being available, and so considered the familair on the "table" as part of your hand. But as Ed says below].

Agree there is a downside when first drawn, but seems "useful" later as in a later hand one then might have your drawn hand cards plus the use of the bonus effect/s from the familiar. Might tip the balance for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You do not draw a replacement, but neither does it take up space. It goes on the table. So the turn you draw it, you are down a card, but each turn thereafter, you are up a card.

If you don't think that it's worth it, don't take one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Goddard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They work just like the gem treasures in Heart of Doom, and I loved those to death, so I'm looking forward to familiars. The minor downgrade to a single hand (and it's not really much of a downgrade, because you can always use their ability if you want to) is more than made up for by the enormous flexibility they give you later on.

Question--if you don't take a familiar after your first kill, can you change your mind later?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taking a familiar is a once per game spoils effect, so you can choose early or late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.