Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Foxwell
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have a spare board they'd be willing to sell me? Mine split and I'd like to have a fully folding one.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should contact Fantasy Flight customer service. When my board broke, they sent me a new one, no charge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Arbogast
United States
Norcross
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anoirtrou wrote:
You should contact Fantasy Flight customer service. When my board broke, they sent me a new one, no charge!

I second this. I bought a used copy of one of the expansions, and no board came with it. FFG sent me a new board without a single question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Foxwell
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow if that's the case, then Damn that's some customer service. Trying it now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Rex
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the reply FFG's customer service sent me they're a bit backed up right now so it might take a while to get your replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Foxwell
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep got the same response, oh well can't complain if they're gonna send me a whole new board for free!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG Mark
United States
Clever
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How long did it take to get a reply from customer service? I have an issue with a warping board that split when folding, I emailed them Friday of last week and have yet to hear back other than the automated response
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Rex
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I e-mailed them on 2/9, they replied on 2/15 and I received my replacement bits on 2/24.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nunya Business
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Neolarthytep wrote:
Wow if that's the case, then Damn that's some customer service. Trying it now

My board broke as well, after minimal play, and when I e-mailed them they did absolutely nothing about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nunya Business
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
majormarkd wrote:
How long did it take to get a reply from customer service? I have an issue with a warping board that split when folding, I emailed them Friday of last week and have yet to hear back other than the automated response

I don't think I even received an automated response. I've heard absolutely nothing from this company that put out a flimsy game board.

They have my money and I have a broken game board. Not happy at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Rex
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PrimordialOne wrote:
majormarkd wrote:

I don't think I even received an automated response. I've heard absolutely nothing from this company that put out a flimsy game board.

How long has it been since you e-mailed them about the board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nunya Business
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
fuzzyshoggoth wrote:
PrimordialOne wrote:
majormarkd wrote:

How long has it been since you e-mailed them about the board?

Approaching two weeks. No reply has been received at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Rex
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PrimordialOne wrote:

Approaching two weeks. No reply has been received at all.

You may want to e-mail them again. If you didn't even get an automated response something's not right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nunya Business
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
E-mailed them twice, after having e-mailed them before, got the automated response (but no customer service rep has contacted me at all).

An automated response does me no good. How hard is it to send an e-mail saying "It may take a little while but we are sending you a new board."

This company is already on my bad side. When I bought my Small World game it was missing a piece. I contacted them, and within two days, they sent me an e-mail saying they were mailing out the missing piece.

FFG? Horrible customer service. They won't get a penny more of my money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKQJX
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Small World isn't an FFG game, so it's unlikely they'd answer your inquiry.

I've been reading posts for many FFG games where people are getting slow responses from FFG customer service, and it seems they've made employee changes lately. I'm pretty sure it will get better again after 2nd quarter arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nunya Business
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
funbelievable wrote:

I've been reading posts for many FFG games where people are getting slow responses from FFG customer service, and it seems they've made employee changes lately. I'm pretty sure it will get better again after 2nd quarter arrives.

I didn't say Small World was an FFG game. I said when I contacted them (i.e.the company that produces Small World) in reference to the missing game piece they actually *gasp* responded and did something about it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKQJX
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PrimordialOne wrote:
funbelievable wrote:

I didn't say Small World was an FFG game. I said when I contacted them (i.e.the company that produces Small World) in reference to the missing game piece they actually *gasp* responded and did something about it!

Sorry, misread you there.

FFG has had a great reputation in the past, so I'm just saying that whatever is going on with their service is probably temporary. Most of the time they've sent out replacement parts at no charge and reasonably fast.

This last holiday season their games have been selling out at stores and there are many products at the factory now, so they probably just don't have spare parts to send out right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Their main CSR (Thadd) left a little while ago and they are trying to get back into the swing of things. So just take a breath and email them again. Remember, you're asking for a whole game board here, not just a chit or some minis that weren't packed. Give it some time and play something thats been gathering dust on your shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nunya Business
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
funbelievable wrote:
PrimordialOne wrote:
funbelievable wrote:

Sorry, misread you there.

FFG has had a great reputation in the past, so I'm just saying that whatever is going on with their service is probably temporary. Most of the time they've sent out replacement parts at no charge and reasonably fast.

This last holiday season their games have been selling out at stores and there are many products at the factory now, so they probably just don't have spare parts to send out right now.

My problem is not with how fast they are sending out the replacement. My problem is they have not acknowledged the problem at all. I've heard nothing from them.

If you can't send it right now; contact me and say you WILL send it but are backed up right now. They have told me nothing. Just took my money and sold me a substandard product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nunya Business
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
burnside986 wrote:
Their main CSR (Thadd) left a little while ago and they are trying to get back into the swing of things. So just take a breath and email them again. Remember, you're asking for a whole game board here, not just a chit or some minis that weren't packed. Give it some time and play something thats been gathering dust on your shelf.

I think six e-mails is enough. "Thadd" isn't my problem. A broken substandard game board is my problem. I'm asking for what I paid for; this isn't charity.

No excuses FFG, replace the board. Or I'm done with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
PrimordialOne wrote:
burnside986 wrote:

I think six e-mails is enough. "Thadd" isn't my problem. A broken substandard game board is my problem. I'm asking for what I paid for; this isn't charity.

I understand your internet rage atm, but in the meantime have you looked into maybe getting some book tape and doing a repair on it, in the meantime? Try this thread for some suggestions.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/20894/the-surgery-board-ga...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nunya Business
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
burnside986 wrote:
PrimordialOne wrote:
burnside986 wrote:

I understand your internet rage atm, but in the meantime have you looked into maybe getting some book tape and doing a repair on it, in the meantime? Try this thread for some suggestions.

Thank you for your kind suggestion. Honestly I appreciate it. However, understand my point: I'm not "taping up" a product I paid $50+ for. Its not my fault the board was sub-standard. Its theirs.

FFG either responds and sends me a board. Or they lose a customer and I let everyone I know how bad customer service is at FFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
PrimordialOne wrote:
burnside986 wrote:
PrimordialOne wrote:
burnside986 wrote:

Thank you for your kind suggestion. Honestly I appreciate it. However, understand my point: I'm not "taping up" a product I paid $50+ for. Its not my fault the board was sub-standard. Its theirs.

FFG either responds and sends me a board. Or they lose a customer and I let everyone I know how bad customer service is at FFG.

Again, I get why you are upset. They aren't responding in a timely fashion, or in your case at all. But, people have been explaining to you as to why it is happening. They had staff changes at FFG and I think one guy is doing the replacement parts. So if your emails slip through the crack, that sucks. Really, really sucks. But to lay all of your anger out on the CS department without regard to things like "how long was this game on the shelf? Did it dry rot? Bad batch that didn't get the proper quality control at the printer?" There are several factors involved here from the breaking of the board (How'd it happen, btw?) to a backlog at FFG thats been going on since the holidays. I mean, is your copy completely ruined? Can you not play it anymore? Is the damage that bad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nunya Business
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
burnside986 wrote:
PrimordialOne wrote:
burnside986 wrote:
PrimordialOne wrote:
burnside986 wrote:

Again, I get why you are upset. They aren't responding in a timely fashion, or in your case at all. But, people have been explaining to you as to why it is happening. They had staff changes at FFG and I think one guy is doing the replacement parts. So if your emails slip through the crack, that sucks. Really, really sucks. But to lay all of your anger out on the CS department without regard to things like "how long was this game on the shelf? Did it dry rot? Bad batch that didn't get the proper quality control at the printer?" There are several factors involved here from the breaking of the board (How'd it happen, btw?) to a backlog at FFG thats been going on since the holidays. I mean, is your copy completely ruined? Can you not play it anymore? Is the damage that bad?

Those aren't my problems friend. I PAY, they DELIVER. If I don't get what I pay for I will WANT what I paid for. I don't care about their changing staff, etc.

Just as they don't care where the MONEY came from. They got what they wanted: My money.

I should get what I wanted: A quality game. Not some rotted nonsense, or damaged product.

You get what I am saying here? If they are having company troubles, so what? Respond and tell me that you are having company problems. Don't just let my e-mails sit there. No matter how it is dressed up; ignoring paying customers is BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok, we've established why you are angry, have acknowledged that fact, given you reasons as to the possibilities as to why this is occurring, fixes for your game to hold you over in the meanwhile, possible reasons as to why the board my have been defective and you are still making the same statement over and over and over and over and over and over. If you aren't going to listen or have a discussion instead of being bullheaded, I'm going to have to assume that this is trolling and flag it as such.

To the OP... I hope you find a replacement board or use one of the suggestions in the link above to repair it. PrimordialOne and I have derailed this thread long enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.