Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Emme
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played a lot of A&A in the past (the old Gamemaster series version). I have even bought the 1st edition Europe and Pacific games and Guadalcanal, but I haven't had the chance to play ANY of them.

Years go by and I'm interested to get back to playing A&A, but there are so many options now. There is an Anniversary edition and these two 1940 games.

Which to get? Also, the prices for these are outrageous, so does anyone know if any of these games will be reprinted soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anniversary is likely not going to be reprinted ever. That was the original plan, at least.

The 1940 games, with 2nd edition rules, are I believe slated for reprints later this year. I believe Hasbro is waiting on the completion of the 2nd edition rules by Larry Harris.

Your best bet is to wait for later this year and get the 2nd edition 1940 games.

I have the 1st editions and Anniversary, and I will usually play the 1940 versions first (but I will hang on to my Anniversary edition - it does play faster, which can be a virtue at times). I will download the PDFs of the 2nd edition rules when they are made available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WILLIAM CIATTONI
United States
MIAMI
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I picked up the anniversary edition a couple of years ago for $75. I like the idea of Italy being its own country. I also have the 1st two Pacific and European A&A's. Ive actuall recently played my Pacific one with my Brother and a buddy. It was fun. Theres a victory point system as one of the options for Japan to win, each round Japan earns 1 VP for every 10 IPC's it collects and the Allies can take away 1 VP for evey 10IPC's the strategically bomb outta Japan each round. It make taking those Islands closer to Japan worth something for both sids, Japan needs 22 VP's to win. Of course Japan can also win by taking one of three Capitals, U.S. West Coast, India or the capital of Austrailia...yes The Aussies Continent is more than one space. You cant take it in one shot.Allies win by taking Japan. I just bought the new Pacific 1940 on Ebay. I should get it tomorrow.$84. Ill let you know how it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.