Jared Roswurm
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly at Gencon or Origins?

Once I tasted the expansion I want it all!

I'd love the option to use each set's love cards to differentiate Love 1's 2's and 3's!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Martin
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric at Japanime Games has said it will be in 5-6 months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... we still don't know when we will get an English release?

Sigh. I might just go ahead and get the Japanese version.

Because at least my boyfriend knows how to read and speak it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
5-6 months isn't bad! I can wait.

If you can't then I would rather put the money towards one that didn't come to the US and has no plan to, like Kuni Tori (if you can find it in stock). Play the heck out of it and next thing you know...5 or 6 months will be up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Virata
United States
Fairfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if anyone was going to start a "When is this coming out thread". I am glad someone has contacted cardhaus and I hope they can keep to their proposed schedule.

Having recently moved, I am going to have to indoctrinate.....errr, introduce some new players to the game in my new area (be careful bay area, I am targeting you!!!!) so the first 2 games will do for now but I would love to get my hands on the new set in english.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rolvtd wrote:

Having recently moved, I am going to have to indoctrinate.....errr, introduce some new players to the game in my new area (be careful bay area, I am targeting you!!!!) so the first 2 games will do for now but I would love to get my hands on the new set in english.

If you mean the SF Bay Area then welcome! I think you'll find this a fertile ground for gaming and anime (though seldom combined)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Virata
United States
Fairfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
adorablerocket wrote:
rolvtd wrote:

If you mean the SF Bay Area then welcome! I think you'll find this a fertile ground for gaming and anime (though seldom combined)!

Fertile ground indeed (for both). I have to turn down game nights lately due to being too tired to play. There are enough game groups in the bay area to play every day of the week. So far I've had to set the limit at 5 gaming days per week to avoid general burn out.

Thanks for the hearty welcome! Glad to be back in the area. Any idea where I can start looking for both gaming and anime groups?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a South Bay Board Game Group that plays at the Yahoo campus, it cycles through the majority of the hotness on BGG and also has a small but hardcore (aren't they always tho')'train'/economic game contingent.

Game Kastle down by San Jose airport is an excellent game store and has tables in the back. Lots of CGGs get played there, as well as various popular mini's systems.

In Oakland the End Game has one of the nicest settings to play games, a well lit airy balcony over the game store. They have a selection of open board games which folks can play up there, and some very nice large mini tables and terrain. I used to go on the 3rd Sunday of every month where a group of wargame (yes hex and counter types) would play. While we were there there was usually a group playing Battle Tech, a group playing Flames of War, and some D&Ders in the corner along with a table of random teens playing something from the shelves.

If you can't find anyone else to play Tanto Curoe with you, ping me and I'll join in. I've also got Kuni-Tori Moegahara (which I played fro the first time last weekend), Dynamite Nurse, the Barbarossa series, and of course Touhou Dominion!

Slightly off topic if anyone in the area is also Kickstarting (or interested in) Mobile Frame Zero I'm preemptively looking for players!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/JoshuaACNewman/mobile-fr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
Fertile ground indeed (for both). I have to turn down game nights lately due to being too tired to play. There are enough game groups in the bay area to play every day of the week. So far I've had to set the limit at 5 gaming days per week to avoid general burn out.

And the sad thing is that I am just 80 miles east of you in Sacramento and it is next to impossible for me to do the same. Here we don't play games....then again we don't do much of anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Virata
United States
Fairfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demondude777 wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:

And the sad thing is that I am just 80 miles east of you in Sacramento and it is next to impossible for me to do the same. Here we don't play games....then again we don't do much of anything.

I know there was a store named Great Escape Games the last time I was in Sacramento, but that was a long time ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
rolvtd wrote:
I know there was a store named Great Escape Games the last time I was in Sacramento, but that was a long time ago.

Yes, I have been to GEG, but hey just don't have enough open nights...plus the crowd is about 1/2 Magic the Gathering. And being married to a non-gamer doesn't help.

Well I've mastered solo playing lots of 2+ player games. Card games are harder lol. I really want to get TC going, and would love to had a regular crowd to play with.

So anyone in Sac seeing this..message me!! lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I did, and meet a pretty nice handfull of people, but could never make it on time to really get into the games. I got to GEG on meet-up night too late and had to leave too early. They were a great group tho.

I need to get back to GEG when I have time. Now my wife is home on thursday nights and we don't get that much time together with our work schedules so that will make it hard. I am hoping to find a small group for saturday and sunday afternoons. Maybe like 2 or 3 dedicated players every otehr week for games like this, and more campaign games like Doom or Heroquest too. Nothing too complicated.

I'll have to go back to the meetup. That was a great site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Virata
United States
Fairfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

Wanted to let you know that I will be going to Fanime (http://www.fanime.com/) to do some unoffical demoing for Tanto Cuore there. If you are curious about the game, please feel free to stop by and play.

For those that already have the game, there is a little something extra: I'll have an English pasteup copy of Romantic Vacation, so if you hae never played the second expansion, this is your chance. I also have a limited supply of the two promo full card art for the first expansion (http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1268184/tanto-cuore-expanding...) to give out.

I still haven't figured out how I am going to give out the promos or what times I'll be at the con, but hopefully as it gets closer (End of May), I'll have all the details hammered out. Hope to see you all there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
demondude777 wrote:
5-6 months isn't bad! I can wait.

If you can't then I would rather put the money towards one that didn't come to the US and has no plan to, like Kuni Tori (if you can find it in stock). Play the heck out of it and next thing you know...5 or 6 months will be up!

You sir, did not put your money where you mouth was....instead you gave it to someone else!

Yea I had a paranoia crack and bought the Japanese version and Motto TC too. Since we are mid May and nothing has been stated for June or July I didn't want to take a chance. Plus there was only one site I knew that had it in stock for a decent price ($80 on Amazon? Ouch!)

So after spending about $200 on this, Motto TC, card sleeves, sticky paper, and new ink for my printer (which I needed anyway) I am ready to...wait for it to arrive. Ugh! But at least my collection will be complete...so that is all that matters to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Verstraeten
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,

Still no news about the release date of the english version of the second expansion?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't look too good. I guess it might be time for those that don't have it to look into importing before it becomes rare.

I got mine from cardhaus....well worth it, especially because I am learning japanese....slowly, but still learning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Martin
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Response I got from Cardhaus/Japanime Games when I asked earlier this month:

"Hello Matt, all I can tell you right now is by the end of the year.
We are looking to start working on it soon."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Thompson
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
designer
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YESH
mbmbmbmbmb
demondude777 wrote:
KissaTaikuri wrote:

Gamer's Grind is in Citrus Heights; too far?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Buford wrote:
Response I got from Cardhaus/Japanime Games when I asked earlier this month:

"Hello Matt, all I can tell you right now is by the end of the year.
We are looking to start working on it soon."

Yey! I'm very much looking forward to this one. I love the idea of the Reminisce cards.

I actually plan to buy all three at once

I played the base set quite a bit at a convention, but didn't find enough in it to differentiate it from other deck-builders I owned. But, with buildings, private maids, chambermaiding, diseases, bad habits, and reminisce cards, it all adds up to a fresh experience with an anime theme I love.

Also, buying all three at once will just be an explosion of happiness. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Roswurm
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was so looking forward to this as a Gencon pick up. Too bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ZeoH HoeZ

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The reply that I got was that it was going to be worked on after they finish up translation for another deckbuilding game from China(?), Kanzume Goddess. They expect to have that game out in about 2 months which is going to be VERY quick if they get funded and print everything which is when they will start translation on Romantic Vacation. Hopefully they proofread... some of the errors on the expansion for Tanto Cuore made me sad. (I'm scared of typos )

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/370924922/kanzume-goddes...

You can check out the Kickstarter they started here. There are some really nice goodies! I hope it gets funded. It looks really nice! And I kind of really want the playmat, looool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zeopower6 wrote:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/370924922/kanzume-goddes...

You can check out the Kickstarter they started here. There are some really nice goodies! I hope it gets funded. It looks really nice! And I kind of really want the playmat, looool.

This does look like a sweet game! I want to make a BGG entry on the original Chinese version, but I don't know any Chinese, so I can't find the publisher, etc...

Well, I'll drum up support in other ways that I know how.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ZeoH HoeZ

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!

http://nvshen.funbox365.com/

Here's the 'official' site if you want to find some info. I'm kinda curious how they found this game exactly, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.