Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Alonzo
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because of the complexity of rules, and differing interpretations, it would be nice for game creators to provide DVD's of setup, general turn based play, and advanced game dynamics. I am sure these things are very clear to them, and a video presentation can support written instructions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kairns
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
habanero wrote:
Because of the complexity of rules, and differing interpretations, it would be nice for game creators to provide DVD's of setup, general turn based play, and advanced game dynamics. I am sure these things are very clear to them, and a video presentation can support written instructions.

There are plenty of Youtube, etc videos on BGG about game play & setup.

Rodney Smith's "Watch it played" series

Just scroll down the main page of the game to see more videos.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
habanero wrote:

Out of curiosity, what are you having trouble with? I found the manual pretty well laid out, and the game itself straightforward. There's a lot of cardboard on the table, sure, but Mansions is one of the simplest FFG games I've played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Alonzo
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read through the rule book about 3x, played 2 practice games, then totally botched the 1st game we played with friends as the Keeper.

By now, I think I have it down, but I think I could have learned how the game really works if the developers included a live example of setup, how to play, and how to manage rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Kairns
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bah...botching any game when you are new to it is SO normal. I've been playing boardgames for about 40 years, and there isn't ONE that was 100% perfect in the first go. We learn as we go along. The more you play the more you'll understand. That goes for any game, or anything else, really. The key is having FUN as you learn. After all they are only games....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
habanero wrote:
I have read through the rule book about 3x, played 2 practice games, then totally botched the 1st game we played with friends as the Keeper.

By now, I think I have it down, but I think I could have learned how the game really works if the developers included a live example of setup, how to play, and how to manage rules.

I did this the first few games I played, first not realizing that there are four zombies in the set rather than two, making Blood Ties a walk in the park, and it took until I played in a game run by another owner to find out Evade checks are taken for movement as well as actions. My investigators had been racing past monsters with impunity the whole time!

That said, it's my own damn fault for not reading the manual/looking at the components closely enough. But everyone still had fun, so I guess it wasn't all bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.