Sword of Rome» Forums » General

Subject: PBEM game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Global Nomad
Portugal
Barcelona
flag msg tools
The 16th century São João Baptista, also known as Botafogo (Spitfire) was a Portuguese galleon warship considered the most powerful warship in the world at the time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for opponents to start a PBEM game. We could use Vassal/ACTS, drop me a geek mail if interested, tx, Starting day in about 1 week, not earlier as I need to revise rules again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5 Player or 4 Player? 5 Player is the best!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Global Nomad
Portugal
Barcelona
flag msg tools
The 16th century São João Baptista, also known as Botafogo (Spitfire) was a Portuguese galleon warship considered the most powerful warship in the world at the time.
mbmbmbmbmb
5 player sure, lets see if we can gather players !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dukarrio
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hi, 5 players no possible via ACTS, just 4
I would prefer ACTS and Vassal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Global Nomad
Portugal
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, was not aware of it. We have now 3 players, if all confirm, lets see if we can get a 4th one. In the meantime let me know your ACTS user name and I will start preparing, aiming at starting the game coming week ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to have to drop out, thanks anyway, good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Bonnett
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a starter if you are looking for players.

I use Vassal and ACTS as well.

Cheers
Wayne

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Global Nomad
Portugal
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have so far 3 players, as soon as everyone sends me their ACTS username I will set the game, planning to do that next week.
I am also trying to get a 4th player still !

Any preferences so far ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Bonnett
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my user name for ACTS is kiwibattler and real name is wayne bonnett

My choice for power is:

1)Gaul
2)Greek
3)E/S
4)Roman

but happy to play anybody. I hope you get a 4th player.

Cheers
Wayne

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
“The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the game, but have never played. If a totally new player doesn't bother you and you need another. I would play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Global Nomad
Portugal
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matt, no problem, welcome !!
send me your ACTS ID

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
“The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. My ACTS id is gamesgocrazy. Having never played, I am willing to play any power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Global Nomad
Portugal
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Look forward to start the game :-)

So, unless any reaction in contrary, I would suggest the following:

Brizia - E/S
Wayne - Gauls
Mario - Greeks
Matt - Romans

Lets try to keep a good pace in the game by having a movement per day minimum. I am currently traveling in Europe, and will set the game later this weekend. Also if all agree we use dropbox, but let me know if this is ok !

thanks
Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dukarrio
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
E/S for me it's fine
I think it's not necessary to use dropbox

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Bonnett
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Brizia, do we need Dropbox? I just keep a vassal file going myself and move the pieces around as the phases occur. Occasionally we send a jpg file of the map to make sure we all have the same pieces in the right places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Global Nomad
Portugal
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed then. Sounds good to me.
I am still travelling, so will be only able to start paying on Sunday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon M
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have never played but heard good things about it. I'm familiar with Vassal for other wargames played there and I think I have an account for AHIKS which I rarely use.

You can email me at

Bishop*026@*sbcglobal.net

Just remove the asterisks and the email is good to go. Gotta watch out for spammers.

Thanks.

Bishop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.