Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Age of Industry» Forums » Rules

Subject: Taking actions during your turn and forced actions during the end turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An interesting situation happened in today's game. We were playing the New England map, I had no cards left and the deck was empty but there were two display cards. Everyone else had one or more cards. I took my first action and built the last possible railroad. Am I forced to take the two display cards as my next action? I could not take any other action including passing as that required discarding a card. Would the game have ended that turn or do we play another turn?

We decided that the game was not over and proceeded to play one more turn. However, there were some players who only had one card in their hand. They were forced to combine their two actions into one and overbuild their own tiles. Eventually, the coal and iron demand board ran out just before the last player's turn. The last player could over build any iron or coal tile but luckily he did not have the required technology level.

So are players forced to perform their only possible actions even if they don't wish to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Steck
United States
Benton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You can ALWAYS pass.

If you have no cards in hand, and there are no cards in the draw pile, you may pass without discarding a card.

The face up display is not considered part of the draw deck so those cards do not need to be taken in order to pass or for the game to end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.