Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Tappan
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought this game a week ago and have been eager to give it a try so I decided to bring Hunting Party with me on a little vacation down to see my sister in the Florida Keys. My sister and her boyfriend aren't big gamers so I figured this little boxed game would not be intimidating if it were the only game I brought with me.

The long drive down in the rental car was progressing just fine until my fuel gauge needle dropped a quarter of a tank in one fell swoop. I went from a little over a quarter of a tank left to just above empty. I needed to stop and get gas desperately... Unfortunately, I was on Alligator Alley with no exits or gas stations for another 20-30 miles. To cut a long story short, I ran out of gas three miles from the gas station (did I mention it was raining cry). I called for AAA, but they informed me it would take at least an hour for someone to get to me. Great, I thought. After five minutes of being chastised by my friend in the passenger seat, I decided we could pass the time with the first play of Hunting Party.

We dealt out the cards, read the rules, and started playing. She was Teddy (Goal: Have more trophies than everyone else) and I was Trick Shot Jane (Goal: Have no hunter die). The game was back and forth for a few turns until some unfavorable card flips for my opponent resulted in me winning a few more trophies to pull ahead. She was never able to catch back up til the end of the game.

We both had fun, but it became clear the last few turns that I had the game sown up and there was nothing she could really do about it. Final score: Me 11 Amanda 6 We both agreed the game is probably best with more than two players greatly increasing the difficulty of your decisions (which Action Card to play & which Fate Card to discard).

The final verdict was that Hunting Party was not the best game with 2 but we were looking forward to playing it again with at least three or four people. I will never forget my first play of Hunting Party as it passed the time perfectly until help arrived. AAA arrived seven minutes after putting the game back in the box.

Thank you Hunting Party!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.