United States
Vernon
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received Wiz War and the game looks great!

But... the Cardboard insert is not useful at all. As a matter of fact recent inserts I've been getting with FF games I have been removing. The problem that I am encountering is the channel in the middle is insufficient to hold the cards and counters (which I put in baggies)in the center and not go above the top of the rest of the insert. The upshot is that you can't lay the game boards flat on top of the insert and it could lead to warping the game boards.

I would rather FFG not put them in the box and lower the price commensurately OR make the center channel larger and actually make it more useful for storage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As with all FFG games, I flip the insert over and use it upside down. It's far more useful that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kalina
United States
Vernon
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchy wrote:
As with all FFG games, I flip the insert over and use it upside down. It's far more useful that way.

Great idea! Why in the heck didn't FFG make a die change so they could make an insert more useful? Oh well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchy wrote:

I usually do that, too, but was worried about the player boards warping or something with the ridge in the middle. I just have my cards under the insert right now, but I'm optimistic that after I make tuckboxes for the cards, everything will fit in the insert as is. Of course, I'll have to do something different once the expansions start coming out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchy wrote:
That's almost what I do. I unfold the insert, flip it upside down, then re-fold it so the printed design is still visible. Looks a little nicer that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vigerus Vigerus
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was thinking about making a box like in the Dominion topic:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/391964/another-dominion-stor...

This one:

It would be prepared for any future Wiz-war expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The two ends of the insert lift up like little doors. I just lift them up and store all of the cards underneath. Everything else fits in the middle, after being bagged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Davis
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
A few years agao I inadvertently started a small flame-war with the FFG CEO on this subject re: the packaging for the CoC LCG Core Set...

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?e...

It seems to be the direction FFG have gone and to hell with sensible packaging.

I have actually managed to get all of the Wiz-War components to fit in the small trough in the middle of the insert, but it took a little creativity. Now I'm reluctant to play the game in case I can't fit everything in the box again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.