Subject: Space saving setup variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Mauro
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I'm wondering if anyone's come up with anything, mostly limiting the space the decks take up.

I was thinking, keeping the unit cards, spell and advanced abilities in decks, and at any time you can look at the top 3?

Even though this would take away the 'cycling' aspect of the markets the card availability is mostly random anyway so I can't imagine it being a huge change.

Anyone try anything like this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Ramos
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Sing, o muse, of the wrath of Achilles...
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the second post today on this very subject! I've been using the Innovatium Hold-IT! for keeping all the card decks off my table. I'll post some pictures of it in use with Mage Knight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
eldavicho wrote:
Even though this would take away the 'cycling' aspect of the markets the card availability is mostly random anyway so I can't imagine it being a huge change.

Anyone try anything like this?

You could keep the cycling by just stating that the top card of the Adv. Action deck and the Spell deck go to the bottom, as well as flipping face-up the number of units that are applicable from the appropriate stacks (to note what is available that round) and put those on the bottom of the appropriate decks at the end. You could also put the Adv. Actions from the monasteries underneath one of those stacks as well (face-up units then available AAs).

Also, treat the top card of the AA deck as if it were the last card for purposes of cross-training skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Guijo
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont think this works at all. All the players need to see the units at his disposal when they want. Why bother them having to look at the top of the deck?. Best setup without aids its the original one. Better to buy another table mate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Ramos
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case anyone wants to see it, here's how I use the Innovatium Hold It! with Mage Knight:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Armitstead
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks great! I see they are only $14, but how much did it cost to ship from the US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Ramos
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually had it shipped to the US and picked it up there. Sorry I can't help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Armitstead
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply, and thanks for posting the pic and link. I will contact their website; maybe I can get my local games shop to stock them and save a bit on the shipping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unit decks; keep in box until you need to draw/cycle them
AA/Spells the last card is on top of the deck
Wounds and Artifacts - in box
Enemy tokens - in box when you need one grab the bunch and shuffle, then pick
Dummy player - use a mobile app! (ios and android)

Everything else is out in the play area, mana tokens are in little petri dishes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.