United States
Greenfield Center
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all --

I've had some surprising success adventuring solitaire with the following deck, and wanted to share. I first ran it through all 3 Khazad-dum scenarios, and it has emerged victorious. Amazingly, it is 2-for-2 versus Flight from Moria (although I should admit that I had Riversong in play both times). It's also beaten Passage through Mirkwood, Hunt for Gollum, and The Dead Marshes. I plan to see how it holds up vs. Journey Down the Anduin next. I suspect I won't even try it against Dol Gildur or Osgiliath - but knock yourself out and report back if you do!

Rangers & Minstrels (Leadership/Lore)

Hero (3)
Aragorn (Core) x1
Bifur (KD) x1
Gloin (Core) x1

Ally (27)
Dunedain Watcher (TDM) x3
Faramir (Core) x3
Son of Arnor (Core) x3
Erebor Hammersmith (Core) x2
Erebor Record Keeper (KD) x3
Gleowine (Core) x2
Henamarth Riversong (Core) x2
Rivendell Minstrel (THFG) x3
Gandalf (Core) x3
Vassal of the Windlord (TDM) x3

Attachment (15)
Celebrian's Stone (Core) x2
Dunedain Mark (THfG) x3
Steward of Gondor (Core) x3
Forest Snare (Core) x3
Self Preservation (Core) x3
Song of Battle (TDM) x1

Event (9)
Durin's Song (KD) x3
Sneak Attack (Core) x3
Feint (Core) x3

I am rapidly falling in love with Bifur as a solo-player's hero. As others in the forums have noted, Bifur allows you to add more Lore cards to your deck than you would be able to otherwise in the minor sphere. Obviously, Gloin + Self-preservation and Steward are your resource generators. Riversong is just amazing solo, and if he's in your starting hand, take it. One thing I've enjoyed about this deck is that it does not rely on Sneak Attack + Gandalf. If that happens, great - but you generally don't need it to win. I've added in Song of Battle (which the Rivendell Minstrels help you find) for a Tactics splash of Feint and the Vassals, which provide some well-needed muscle. It's a fun deck with a nice amount of control, even though it's not running any Spirit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree this is a refreshing new deck. Have you considered replacing one or more of the Vassels with Beorn? It seems like you've got plenty of resource generation. If you can afford him, he is a fabulous ally, almost like a Gandalf that sticks around even when the going gets tough. He is also good with sneak attack for his 8 attack or as a stout defender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hassan Lopez
United States
Greenfield Center
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BitJam wrote:
I agree this is a refreshing new deck. Have you considered replacing one or more of the Vassels with Beorn? It seems like you've got plenty of resource generation. If you can afford him, he is a fabulous ally, almost like a Gandalf that sticks around even when the going gets tough. He is also good with sneak attack for his 8 attack or as a stout defender.

Hey, thanks for this suggestion. I agree that Beorn is a beast, and it may be particularly useful to have him against the enemy-heavy JDtA. In my last game, I had a plethora of resources just sitting on my heroes, so you might be onto something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.