Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These very cheap plastic discs (available at Boards & Bits) are perfect for helping identify your team chits on the map. I just use a little blue-tack (poster putty) to stick them on, and they fit perfectly.

White: http://www.boardsandbits.com/product_info.php?products_id=23...
Black: http://www.boardsandbits.com/product_info.php?products_id=23...

Also, these stacking counters make great life counters!
http://www.boardsandbits.com/product_info.php?products_id=22...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Mallen
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know where you can acquire the white and black (or any color...I know how to paint haha) hexes that I have seen in some of the pics. Are these custom made? I like the idea of having a colored marker of some sort under the thin character markers to help stand out and identify as white or black team, but would prefer hexes to discs if possible. Probably 12 white and 12 black would be good enough--I can't imagine us ever playing a game bigger than this...but now that I throw that out there I kind of want to!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pilnick
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the description on this image, they were cut out of foam. I was planning on attempting some of my own soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use colored foamies with the colors to match the age of the character. I also write a letter on the foamy corresponding to the first significant letter in the character's name. I use the letter for sorting the pieces in a plano box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just digging in the old stuff here; wooden movement trays:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffmal wrote:
Anyone know where you can acquire the white and black (or any color...I know how to paint haha) hexes that I have seen in some of the pics. Are these custom made? I like the idea of having a colored marker of some sort under the thin character markers to help stand out and identify as white or black team, but would prefer hexes to discs if possible. Probably 12 white and 12 black would be good enough--I can't imagine us ever playing a game bigger than this...but now that I throw that out there I kind of want to!

Well, last night I set out to play an 8 character game. I drew Dr. Marla Ulf (6 chits), Lia Vestri (2 chits), Darija Dugrebsky (2 extra chits for henchmen), 1 pet and 2 sentinels within the first few turns of the game. So I was using 19 team markers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Mallen
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what I will do is attempt the black and white foamcore hex idea. This seems to be the easiest to find/construct and most cost effective way of accomplishing the stand out and differentiation goals while keeping with hexes? Don't want to spend too much on DOA1 with DOA2 potentially right around the corner! Thank you everyone for your input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.