5 Posts

Resident Evil Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: HUNK in non-partner mode rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adol Christin
Singapore
flag msg tools
Does HUNK benefit from his level 2 ability which allows him to draw more cards since technically there are no partners around anyway? And does Great Ambition work the same way as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Jankovic
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We exclude characters and cards with partner-specific abilities when playing without partners. They would otherwise not make sense, since they target a rule that is not even in use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
177ark
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting two extra cards a turn is a big advantage. It's suppose to be balanced out in a partner game with the fact that every other player would have the bonus of a partner wherein Hunk would not.
I argued that NOT having the benefit of his Level 1 ability in a non-partner game and having only 70 health is a fair balance for his Level 2 ability.
However, I agree with Yxeri, partner-specific characters should be left out of solo-games because the Josh Stone and Jill Valentine (Brainwashed) would be very handicapped without a partner.

As for Great Ambition I would say it works in a non-partner game, "+2 cards, +10 Gold and +1 Action" for a cost of 50 sounds fair seeing how normally "+2 cards" go for 30.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
177ark
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is Bandai's official ruling on the matter of Hunk:

CH-015 HUNK

[Once Per] LVL 1 – The damage is dealt all at once , so even if it is greater than the amount of damage the partner can take, it all is dealt to the partner.
[Multi Use] LVL 2 – hulk draws an additional 2 cards even if you’re not playing Partner Mode.

http://www.bandai.com/residentevil/forum/showthread.php?414-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah... I see what you did there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ajere wrote:
Here is Bandai's official ruling on the matter of Hunk:

CH-015 HUNK

[Once Per] LVL 1 – The damage is dealt all at once , so even if it is greater than the amount of damage the partner can take, it all is dealt to the partner.
[Multi Use] LVL 2 – hulk draws an additional 2 cards even if you’re not playing Partner Mode.

http://www.bandai.com/residentevil/forum/showthread.php?414-...
This would explain why they refer to him as "Mr. Death" in Resident Evil: ORC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.