Tracy Hunt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Greetings. My name is Tracy Hunt, I have been in the computer game industry for over 8 years working as an artist and ocasionaly dabbling in design. I have been working on and off for a card game design for a while, and am now pushing foreward with playtesting and tweaks.

Soon after the game play is a bit more polished and we have enough artwork to show i will be launching a kickstarter page with sweet rewards. I'm starting this thread to keep a record of my progress and to hopefuly drum up some excitement for the project.

The game is called "WORLD OF MONSTERS" and each player represents a tribe of primitive natives just trying to survive in a hostile world filled to the brim with terrible monsters. in order to keep your setlements safe you must use monsters as both shields for your settlements and as weapons to capture the settlements of other players.

problem is monsters are not that easy to controll and while they may attack your enemys, theres a good chance you may also take some damage. and to make matters worse an enemy may turn your monsters against you!

To whet your appetite here is a early sample of art and one of our first monsters created by the fantastic Jesse Turner TOXO THE AWFUL!

i look foreward to hearing your thoughts, and i hope you look foreward to funding our project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toy The Hutt
Italy
Ferrara
Ferrara (FE)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monster? Count me in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Hunt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
had a really suscesful playtest yesterday with 4 players, tweaked the rules slightly to allow a larger handsize (8) and to limit some restrictions on when you can do combat. Doing a playtest with new rules today. Artist is hard at work on more cards i should be able to post next week.
if you are curious about the artist, here is a link to his personal portfolio http://jouste.daportfolio.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Heya Tracy

Just found this, this looks lovely: love the stressed look of the cards - really awesome.

I would

1. Love to back this
2. Love to (p)review this for www.purplepawn.com

Tell me more about it either here, on bggmail or come and hang out with us lot in the BGG Game Design forums!

Looking forward to speaking with you more

sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hines
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tracy, any idea when you're planning to put this up on Kickstarter? Sounds really great, would love to learn more and help back it. Let us know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.