Conquest of the Empire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Card Related Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leif
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This question came up in a game because my caesar was isolated (alone) in a non-key province where he had no prior infuence, and thus could not build an army. Naturally, I wanted to build a large army there, but first needed an influence marker where my ceasar was.

The rules state that influence markers can only be placed in 'key' provinces. However, the 'politician' card says you get to place an unused influence marker wherever you caesar is. I purchased it.

Now, normally, I would agree that 'rules are rules'. But hear me out.

My take on this was that the card should be allowed to circumvent the rules on normal placement for two main reasons:

1) It has to be played instantly, and specifically says 'wherever your caesar is', without any mention of having to follow normal rules on influence placement.

2) My reasoning is also based on a comparison of other cards, that often allow you to do things that circumvent the rules. For instance, you normally can't recruit armies where you have no general or caesar, yet some cards allow you to suddenly place troops in provinces where you have no prior influence and without the presence of generals or caesars. Why should only some cards be allowed to ignore normal rules while this one has to observe the rules?

I think my reasoning is pretty sound.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NVM I just realized that there's a section for the newer version where this question is more appropriate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.