Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
I would like to get myself a copy. I checked with amazon and they have only a version made by Avalon Hill in 1988

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G W M
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Don't play in the street....
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Isaac, there is a FFG re-release planned. The original was published by The Avalon Hill Game Co in 1988 and did feature a solo version which plays ok from what I have heard (I was not a solo player myself). There are several other threads chatting on the reprint side, I am fortunate to have a 1988 copy. If you can stretch to a 1988 copy it is well worth it. GM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
So when will FFG plan to release this game?

I also came on here to say that the board reminds me of a game an old friend of mine use to have. It was a space themed game and you move from planet to planet with ship tokens to move with and the last thing I remember him saying that the game had a like a monopoly mechanic gameplay to it. The board itself isn't a monopoly look-a-like, you had different choices of paths to move around. So far that's what I can remember. other than that I honestly don't remember that game itself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beyak
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
Combat Commander gets your blood flowing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgamefreak2geek wrote:
So when will FFG plan to release this game?

I also came on here to say that the board reminds me of a game an old friend of mine use to have. It was a space themed game and you move from planet to planet with ship tokens to move with and the last thing I remember him saying that the game had a like a monopoly mechanic gameplay to it. The board itself isn't a monopoly look-a-like, you had different choices of paths to move around. So far that's what I can remember. other than that I honestly don't remember that game itself
You must be thinking of Solarquest, but the game play is very different from MoV. MoV is awesome while Solarquest is, meh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Riggan
United States
OKLAHOMA CITY
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
As far as when/who will publish the game, this post is a good place to start regarding the publishing controversy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
So FFG won out there? i hadn't heard that yet..good for them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing has been publically stated. It seems likely that FFG has got it but it hasn't been confirmed. I have heard Steven Buonocore from Stronghold Games talk about it, and he still seems to think that nothing is finalized but there will be one (and only one) publication of the game and there may be other news announced when this is finalised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgamefreak2geek wrote:
I would like to get myself a copy. I checked with amazon and they have only a version made by Avalon Hill in 1988
There is also a really nice PnP version with new art/graphics that is based on the original Avalon Hill game. Browse the files section and images to see examples.

The 1988 Avalon Hill version is perfectly fine and doesn't need an "update". It needs a reprint. These are going for about $70 - $100 on Ebay right now and there are quite a few copies floating around.

You may be in for a long wait if you are waiting for a reprint. Or it may be next week. No one knows, because the publishers aren't talking about the "situation" with the new edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls