Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Fenrick
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in December I decided I wanted to make a large purchase. My typical two companies are Miniature Market and CoolStuffInc. This particular order, I wanted to get Mob Ties which neither had so I decided to go west(reluctantly). The selection was great and the only one that had all 5 games I wanted(almost everyone else only had 3/5).

That was December, but in the meantime Cyclades Hades wouldn't ship so I moved stuff around on my order and every time I called, the customer service was exceptional. I was really happy, but you never know what games will look like. So they show up and the box was a good size and with that many games and weight I expected some corner crushing. Instead I opened a box of the best packaging I have seen from ANY order on any site(and MM/CSI do a great job as well). I was REALLY pleased, and now I am surprised I ever read any negative comments from them.

I would love to buy with them again but it is usually tough enough to convince my wife on $100 so hitting the $150 threshold is usually out of the question. If they ever lower it though or I am making a big purchase, I would consider making them "my" store.

ps - I really wish in hindsight I had taken a pic of the packaging, it was a gamers dream.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb

Totally agree. I have met several folks from there at Gen Con. Great company with fantastic customer service. They also give pretty good deals when selling games/cards to them.

p.s. Hi Len.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used cardhaus before too and I also like them.

BTW, if you have trouble meeting a minimum for an order, check around for other gamers in your area and see if they want to order anything so you can combine things. When I do that, sometimes my $50 order turns into a $300 one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Dahl
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've purchased a couple times from Cardhaus but they are local to me (30 min drive). They have good prices for a local store to me but usually tax kills the deal for me (almost 10% in my area). If I was out of state I'd probably buy from them more often. Their $150 minimum for free shipping is a bit high compared to some other online stores.

I do have one beef with them though, I emailed them one time before placing an order with them saying that if I were to buy $150 worth of stuff and pick it up would they cut me a discount or give me a deal. I figured since I was taking the time to go there and they'd be saving a pretty good chunk of change to not ship it, it made sense to give me a discount or something....

The owner emailed me back and said place my order and come in and they'd take care of me. So I place my order and drive over to their location which unfortunately due to rush hour took an HOUR one way.

So I get to the store and was excited to see what maybe they'd offer me, 10% off perhaps...a gift certificate...something cool...

I was very disappointed when the guy offered me to pick one spielbox magazine from a few unintersting older copies of the magazine.

Really? That's pretty lame.

I was willing to pay more for my games (10% taxes) over other online retailers, drive up and pick it up myself and spend over $150 and you offer me a dated magazine?

Meh...I'll only buy from them in the future if I want something quicker than other online retailers or I'm in the area passing by (that really will never happen).

I guess I'm being pissy because I would have just spent less or would have had them ship to me if I knew I would have been offered some lame magazine.

Oh well...other than that, I think they are pretty good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaded Lounges
United States
Vashon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Noli me tangere, Caesaris sum.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had a number of similarly good experiences with this retailer. Unfortunately, I am disappointed with their decision to price gouge on the Mage Knight board game. $119.95? Really?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Dahl
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
chibigouazou wrote:
I have had a number of similarly good experiences with this retailer. Unfortunately, I am disappointed with their decision to price gouge on the Mage Knight board game. $119.95? Really?

Yeah I've noticed that they do price above msrp for hard to get games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Buchanan
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed an order with them recently and I only selected things that were listed as being in stock, so the order would pretty quickly. After the order was not shipped for a few days, I called and found out that one of the items was not actually in stock, although their website lists 25+ copies being available. All I go in response was a "It's too late for me to help you now." I'll never order from them again, and I will discourage my game group from ordering from them as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like my post got hijacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cuthbertson
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Their "in stock" inventory is based on what their distributors tell them they have copies in. I live about 5 minutes from CardHaus and their store in very, very small. They do (physically) stock a fair amount of games, but it seems like their main retail space is setup for selling CCGs like Magic, Yu Gi Oh, etc. I've since found its easier to just call them and find out if the game is actually in their possession or if they would be getting it from their distributors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.