Hide
4 Posts

Cosmic Encounter» Forums » General

Subject: Size of CE cards vs what ArtsCow produces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris O
msg tools
Pixeling ain't easy, but someone's gotta do it...
badge
LION OF JUDAH
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking to make some custom cards and whatnot (and also to draw up some new alien powers with a Tablet soon) and am looking to do it through ArtsCow but am not sure if A) The card sizes are the same and B) the ArtsCow cards will fit into the sleeves that are made for CE.

Does anyone know whether or not ArtsCow puts out a card size the same as the CE cards or if not which sleeve size to use to cover both so that it wouldn't matter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Artscow cards are not the same size. They have a smaller than standard poker deck size of card, but that doesn't match the CE card size either. This is why I did a whole poker deck size conversion. The larger card lets me fit more text on the card, although that hasn't been as big an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
msg tools
Pixeling ain't easy, but someone's gotta do it...
badge
LION OF JUDAH
mbmbmbmbmb
Now the sleeves FFG recommends for their cards are the "Green" label ones, would the smaller ArtsCow size cards fit into those green sleeves also?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know. I haven't ever purchased any FFG sleeves, but they might fit in there (though they might slide around).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.