Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leslie Taylor
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am excited for this game and the potential for the two player game/variant. My only concern is when will this be printed? I did not see it listed with a print date on the P500 update; is there a lot more development going on? What is the estimate for when it might come out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
QuintMorrison wrote:
I am excited for this game and the potential for the two player game/variant. My only concern is when will this be printed? I did not see it listed with a print date on the P500 update; is there a lot more development going on? What is the estimate for when it might come out?

GMT has a detailed explanation of exactly how P500 works. But to quote from a key point
Quote:
500 orders is still the level at which a game "makes the P500 cut." Now, however, we don't automatically and immediately send such a game to the printer. Instead, we look at how quickly its numbers are rising as well as how well the final development is progressing, and and slot the fastest-rising and most-ready "over 500 games" as they near the 700 order mark (because 700-750 orders is about what it takes now to pay for the printing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Jackie McLean - Let Freedom Ring
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't a print date. When it gets on the schedule, somebody will be quick to post it, never fear. You can always subscribe to the GMT emails if you want to be sure you don't miss the announcement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I'm a fan of what GMT produces, don't hold your breath waiting for a game to be released. By the time it reaches its 750 orders and makes it into the production pipeline, it can take years.

I made my pre-order for Pax Baltica in 2009 and it's still a ways off yet. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, GMT responds to interest. The more orders we get, the sooner this get's printed. Developmentally, it is VERY, VERY close. I don't think 4th quarter this year is unrealistic. 1st Quarter next year is also very attainable.

But it all depends on preorders....

I'll be doing a live webcast next week to help promote the game and the series a bit. I'll post details on BGG soon as I can.

Thanks!

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I made my pre-order a few days ago. It's killing me to have to wait for all of these pre-orders I have done, but some day, I will be a very happy man, getting these games in the mail.

Watching the videos I think sold me on this game. Reading the rules is one thing, but to see it played out really hooked me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on this? It's stalled at mid 600s, which is very respectable, but doesn't look like it's shooting up the charts past that. Have you heard any word, Joel?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.