Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all

I'm looking to have a game ordered in germany and then brought over to the US by a friend. Being unable to read German, and unfamiliar with German Game Stores, I need a bit of help finding the best deal.

I am looking to pick up Trajan from an online store. Any suggestions?

~ Ryan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Philo
badge
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgameprices.com/game.aspx?id=646796
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never used Cosimshop.de before but €38.50 is a good price. Normally, I get games from my local shop or Merlin's-Spiele:

www.spiele-und-verspieltes.de/epages/244829.sf/de_DE/?Object...

Merlin's has it for €39.95.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tagged this thread with my "Buying-Overseas" tag, please see that for relevant threads but also please look specifically at my post at:

Re: Please recommend German games to purchase in Germany.

which I'll sum up here... think you are better off ordering online, especially from www.amazon.de?tag=article-geekdo07-21 and have it shipped right to you... buying right in Germany and having your friend have to lug (and risk having luggage go over weight and trigger fees for excess weight) is a real hassle, as well as likely more costly since your friend will pay VAT (19% built into the price there) which he could try to get back with more hassle at airport, but you don't pay at all (amazon.de will deduct as will other German etailers that ship to the USA)

edit: ps: just noticed you said "a game" which sounds then like you are only interested in a single game in which case the above paragraph isn't relevant... note that in Germany from my understanding the dept stores carry the same games so using an online German etailer may not make sense... especially if you only get one game and don't qualify for free ship within Germany

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kimmo Leivo
Finland
Siilinjarvi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trajan is sold out at the moment but the second print run is expected in mid? April.

A few places to check out:

www.cosimshop.de
www.spiele-offensive.de
www.milan-spiele.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
sky1ark wrote:
Trajan is sold out at the moment but the second print run is expected in mid? April.

very good point!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"Wuhhh... I think so, Brain, but if a ham can operate a radio, why can't a pig set a VCR?"
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
sky1ark wrote:

very good point!

Appears one copy is available on amazon.de

Ugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
Helllow Bayyybee
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are happy to order via the UK I can recommend -

http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/index.asp

Available for about £43 (plus P&P).

Highly recommended - both game and Mr BGGuru. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Surplus in US is expecting some on April

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like there is a copy at Shire:
http://www.shiregames.com/khxc/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodsho...

I think it normally says out of stock if they don't have it.

I've ordered from them twice. Once I got the package in 3 days. Shipping is pricy, but it got me a couple games I really wanted. I seem to remember that since it was being bought outside the UK, that they adjusted the VAT out of the price (but it's been a while).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom dietl
Germany
regensburg
bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got Trajan (last one?) from playme.de...a good store is magierspiele.de, often the best prices here in Germany, ...cosimshop is very good for new imports...a nice one, cooperative on shipping (I know only for Europe...but ask) and good older games is spiele4us.de for me...
AND I also order form spiele-offensive, milan...amazon or buecher.de..
but sometimes offers on amazon for oop games like this right now...wow...wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I checked the following German online shops, including my local shop in Kaiserslautern:

www.magierspiele.de
www.buecher.de
www.weltbild.de
www.kidoh.de
www.hugendubel.de
www.spiele-offensive.de
www.cosimshop.de
www.beck-shop.de
www.spiele-und-verspieltes.de

All are out of stock until April 2012. Many of these German shops would have shipped to my German address for FREE (if it were in stock).

The two shops I checked in the UK (Shire Games and Board Game Guru) both have copies available. The price is around 43 Pounds (51 EUR/$68). Big difference from German sellers at around 39-42 EUR. Then the price of shipping was astronomical. To ship to me in Germany would cost 25 Pounds but the VAT would remain. But they would deduct the VAT (7 Pounds) if I had it shipped to my USA address. However, shipping would cost 31 Pounds. Six of one; half-dozen to another.

All said and done... you're best to wait until April 2012 unfortunately (which is only one more month away). So if price is a big factor... than I suggest waiting one more month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Metzler
United States
Glendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robman wrote:
So I checked the following German online shops, including my local shop in Kaiserslautern:

www.magierspiele.de
www.buecher.de
www.weltbild.de
www.kidoh.de
www.hugendubel.de
www.spiele-offensive.de
www.cosimshop.de
www.beck-shop.de
www.spiele-und-verspieltes.de

All are out of stock until April 2012. Many of these German shops would have shipped to my German address for FREE (if it were in stock).

The two shops I checked in the UK (Shire Games and Board Game Guru) both have copies available. The price is around 43 Pounds (51 EUR/$68). Big difference from German sellers at around 39-42 EUR. Then the price of shipping was astronomical. To ship to me in Germany would cost 25 Pounds but the VAT would remain. But they would deduct the VAT (7 Pounds) if I had it shipped to my USA address. However, shipping would cost 31 Pounds. Six of one; half-dozen to another.

All said and done... you're best to wait until April 2012 unfortunately (which is only one more month away). So if price is a big factor... than I suggest waiting one more month.

Yep! Looking like that is the situation! Thanks for checking everyone, I appreciate all of the time and effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.