Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashton was scheduled for his choice of games this week and had opted for History of the World. With the number of gamers being 7, however, he scrapped that idea in favor of a 5 player Deluxe Illuminati. Jerry and Eric opted for a 2 player wargame, Tamburlane the Great.

The great conspiratorial powers were the Servants of Cthulu (Ashton), Society of Assassins (Willerd), Bermuda Triangle (Darren), Network (Lenny) and the Bavarian Illuminati (me!).

Willerd's Society of Assassins proved more the Society of Amateur Assassins as they failed on their first two attempts to gain control of a group. We actually all cheered when he finally managed to bring the Gun Control Lobby under his influence.

My victory condition was gaining control of groups totaling 35 power points. Having accumulated 21, I made a grab for the powerful New York group, which would have given me another 7 and put me within striking range of victory. Alas, I rolled box cars, resulting in a failure. Incredibly, New York was still uncontrolled by my next turn and my next attempt succeeded.

Darren's special victory condition was to gain control of groups representing each of the 10 different alignments in the game. He managed to gather eight alignments fairly quickly, which caused me to take a risk earlier than I had planned. Lenny unwittingly had aided me in gaining control of the Orbital Mind Control Lasers with his Phone Company group. These totaled 9 power points. So, I used my special power to make my next attack privileged and then risked ALL of my cash in a battle with Lenny for control of the Phone Company. I was very leery to make the attempt as Lenny was sitting on two special cards. Fortunately, they proved no use to him in the battle and I succeeded in wresting control of the groups from him, giving me 37 points and the victory.

Ratings: All 7's except Willerd who gave it a 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.