Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: The Chunky bar... wildly underrated rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As I am a man of stature I have been trying to shed some pounds, but as as reward for a hellish day at work and a successful KS game campaign an post work bbbal league victory I stopped at the gas station and grabbed a slice of gas station pizza, a 24oz Faygo Cola (detroit area pop), and one of these


What a delicious and underrated candybar. Peanuts, raisins, and chocolate. simple yet elegant.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:

What a delicious and underrated candybar. Peanuts, raisins, and chocolate. simple yet elegant.


Never heard of it but kinda sounds like trail mix in bar form.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, it's super tasty and almost perfect.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
riddlen wrote:

What a delicious and underrated candybar. Peanuts, raisins, and chocolate. simple yet elegant.


Never heard of it but kinda sounds like trail mix in bar form.

but more better.

My buddies and I at work... wait. this deserves it own thread.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
It's normally difficult to change your serum cholesterol level very much just with diet, but one slice of gas station pizza will raise your LDL cholesterol by about 20 mg/dl for a week. cry
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
robigo wrote:
It's normally difficult to change your serum cholesterol level very much just with diet, but one slice of gas station pizza will raise your LDL cholesterol by about 20 mg/dl for a week. cry


Thanks Debbie downer I would rather live in sweet ignorance!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Through The Ages
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How do I put this...

raisins SUCK!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
riddlen wrote:
gas station pizza

gulp

I'm trying to imagine the conditions under which I would eat gas station pizza. It would have to involve some kind of nuclear apocalypse situation where every other pizza option on the planet had been annihilated.
6 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Leezer wrote:
I'm trying to imagine the conditions under which I would eat gas station pizza. It would have to involve some kind of nuclear apocalypse situation where every other pizza option on the planet had been annihilated.

Here's the scenario which works for me: you're at BGG.CON, the gas station is right across the street, and next door to that is the Denny's which caused you to spend 36 hours of a previous BGG.CON on the toilet in extreme gastrointestinal, uhh, distress.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Logging plays since 2004
badge
Oh, so you actually think about what you are saying?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
Leezer wrote:
I'm trying to imagine the conditions under which I would eat gas station pizza. It would have to involve some kind of nuclear apocalypse situation where every other pizza option on the planet had been annihilated.

Here's the scenario which works for me: you're at BGG.CON, the gas station is right across the street, and next door to that is the Denny's which caused you to spend 36 hours of a previous BGG.CON on the toilet in extreme gastrointestinal, uhh, distress.


Still, even at BGG.Con, I had to kind of imagine the nuclear apocalypse scenario, too, to down the gas station pizza instead of hopping on the restaurant shuttle.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chunky is pretty good.

My favorite chocolate is imported chocolate or Target's Choxy brand.

My favorite mass market candy bars are:
Hershey's Bar None (the original formula) - Discontinued soblue


Hershey's Special Dark


Take 5


Milky Way Midnight


Twix


Mounds/Almond Joy (dark)


6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jdberry wrote:
How do I put this...

raisins SUCK!


Oh yeah
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I try wherever possible not to buy Nestlé products.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestlé_boycott
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Goodrich
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Why can't more games have a handicapping mechanism?
badge
Becoming immortal!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Leezer wrote:
riddlen wrote:
gas station pizza

gulp

I'm trying to imagine the conditions under which I would eat gas station pizza. It would have to involve some kind of nuclear apocalypse situation where every other pizza option on the planet had been annihilated.


I must represent for gas station pizza. The area I grew up in had many great pizza places, being chock full of Italians as it was - and I've lived in Chicago and now NYC area, so I have sampled many types of pie. I like pizza. But in my late teens, nothing could beat BP for a late night pizza run. This was not traditional, thin crust pie, but neither was it as deep dish as Pizza Hut. The real secret was the heat lamps. The cheese was extra oozy and gooey, with some baked-on, extra flavored parts due to those heat lamps. Now, not all gas station/convenience pizza is made alike - I really have not been impressed by 7-11 pizza - but I definitely understand how great a gas station slice can be.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
they still make chunky bars?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff
United States
Western Great Lakes - Owashtinong Aajigaaning
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
jdberry wrote:
How do I put this...

raisins SUCK!


Oh yeah


I can deal with raisins alone or with Ants on a Log. But I still remember being a kid for years eyeballing that beautiful package o' expectation, finally getting one and then:




Yeah, cookies, too!

10 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hilarious pic.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.