Popular Tags: [View All]
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to track down a game for quite a while that I just can't identify. I don't have any pictures and I can't find it on BGG or Google.

It had a space theme, of that much I'm sure. The rest of this description might be inaccurate, but should serve to hopefully job someone's memory. The board was about the size of a regular Monopoly board. It was mostly dark (space) and I believe there were various planets and whatnot on it. I recall it looking generally like the solar system. The only game pieces I can remember were white marbles that may have been a cheaper, chalkier type of marble than the high-gloss ones that are common. I don't remember the point, but I do remember moving the marbles around on the board. I believe the board had depressions for the marbles to sit in. The marbles were just game pieces with nothing to do with dexterity.

I thought the game's name was "Pulsar" or "Quasar" or something of that ilk. There may have been a science-y trivia component. The planets may have had something to do with trivia category or difficulty. I may be confusing the game with a trivia game, so don't quote me on the game having a trivia component.

I would have played it in the late 80s or early 90s, but the game belonged to my grandparents so it could have been older. I would estimate the game to be from the mid- to early-80s, but that's a haphazard guess at best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forget everything I said about the trivia part. The trivia part I was remembering was from I.Q. 2000.

I.Q. 2000 doesn't have the right board or the white marbles though, so I'm still trying to track down that space game. I could be completely off with the title of it, since I.Q. 2000 had the destination "Quizzar" that could have been the title I misremembered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Solarquest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No marbles, but your description reminded me of a few games:

Space Walk
Space Hop
Star Trader

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

The board was similar-looking, but not quite there. No cool little ships like Solarquest either that I can recall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
Slowed - BGG's moderation policies have driven me partially from here
badge
http://thegamebox.byethost15.com/smf/
mb
Colorado_Jeff wrote:

???

Only one I'm familiar with,
and I just can't see this (other than 'dark with planets' -
which just about every space game has).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about that. I selected the wrong game!

Star Traders
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh H
msg tools
OMG, this post helped me remember the game I've been trying to remember forever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Hole?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris in Kansai
Japan
Otsu
Shiga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Space-themed solitaire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man Man
msg tools
Oh my god!! I know it's a thread necro, but I signed up for this site just so I could say THANK YOU for helping me remember this game. If the game you're remembering is not I.Q. 2000, then I'm sorry I can't offer any more to help you, but I've been trying to remember THAT game for a while now and you just did it for me!

I used to play this game with my Grandmother growing up and those are some of my favorite memories of her... Thank you so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Estrada
United States
Robinson
Texas
flag msg tools
It was called Trivia Adventure!!! That was a great game...can't seem to find my copy anymore. Wanting to get it back for nostalgia purposes.
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&objec...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Nelson
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
devry80 wrote:
It was called Trivia Adventure!!! That was a great game...can't seem to find my copy anymore. Wanting to get it back for nostalgia purposes.
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&objec...

Nailed it! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.